‘Baseball bat’ assault on North Devon Link Road
- Credit: Archant
Appeal for witnesses after man says he was struck with a baseball bat from a moving car as he waited in the Bish Mill lay-by.
A man who believes he was assaulted beside the North Devon Link Road could have been hit by a baseball bat wielded from a passing car.
More details of the alleged attack on Saturday, April 27 in the lay-by just after the Bish Mill roundabout on the A361 have emerged this week.
The 46-year-old man told police he had been dropped off there after playing rugby that day.
“He said he shielded his eyes from the bright lights of another vehicle coming towards him and the next thing he woke up with injuries to his head,” said Inspector Roger Bartlett.
You may also want to watch:
“He has injuries consistent with being hit by a baseball bat. He had a mark at the back of his head, bruising and cut to his cheek.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to call DC Keri Moth via Crimestoppers, anonymously if preferred, on 0800 555111, quoting reference CS/13/183.
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes