‘Baseball bat’ assault on North Devon Link Road
- Credit: Archant
Appeal for witnesses after man says he was struck with a baseball bat from a moving car as he waited in the Bish Mill lay-by.
A man who believes he was assaulted beside the North Devon Link Road could have been hit by a baseball bat wielded from a passing car.
More details of the alleged attack on Saturday, April 27 in the lay-by just after the Bish Mill roundabout on the A361 have emerged this week.
The 46-year-old man told police he had been dropped off there after playing rugby that day.
“He said he shielded his eyes from the bright lights of another vehicle coming towards him and the next thing he woke up with injuries to his head,” said Inspector Roger Bartlett.
You may also want to watch:
“He has injuries consistent with being hit by a baseball bat. He had a mark at the back of his head, bruising and cut to his cheek.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to call DC Keri Moth via Crimestoppers, anonymously if preferred, on 0800 555111, quoting reference CS/13/183.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 3 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 6 Some North Devon GP surgeries to provide Covid vaccine clinics
- 7 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 8 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
- 9 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 10 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale