‘Baseball bat’ assault on North Devon Link Road
- Credit: Archant
Appeal for witnesses after man says he was struck with a baseball bat from a moving car as he waited in the Bish Mill lay-by.
A man who believes he was assaulted beside the North Devon Link Road could have been hit by a baseball bat wielded from a passing car.
More details of the alleged attack on Saturday, April 27 in the lay-by just after the Bish Mill roundabout on the A361 have emerged this week.
The 46-year-old man told police he had been dropped off there after playing rugby that day.
“He said he shielded his eyes from the bright lights of another vehicle coming towards him and the next thing he woke up with injuries to his head,” said Inspector Roger Bartlett.
You may also want to watch:
“He has injuries consistent with being hit by a baseball bat. He had a mark at the back of his head, bruising and cut to his cheek.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident or has any information is asked to call DC Keri Moth via Crimestoppers, anonymously if preferred, on 0800 555111, quoting reference CS/13/183.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 7 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 8 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality