Barnstaple wellness centre celebrates opening
A North Devon nurse has celebrated the opening of her own wellness centre in Barnstaple.
Pollyclinics in Mill Road brings together a range of therapies, classes and natural healthcare treatments under one roof.
It is the brainchild of Polly Dowden, a Registered State Nurse since 2003, who believes conventional and natural healthcare can complement each other.
Therapies and sessions at Pollyclinics include kinesiology, yoga, massage, aromatherapy, plus nutritional and health advice.
“All my experience as a nurse is the foundation for what we are doing now, but helping people in a different way,” said Polly, who grew up in North Devon.
“Integrated is the key thing for us, acknowledging that we have to have healthcare but there’s definitely things here that can ease the burdens on the NHS.” Visit pollyclinics.com for more information.
- 1 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 2 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 3 Holsworthy link mental health centre looks set to close permanently
- 4 Council forms group to tackle North Devon housing crisis
- 5 New recycled plastic tables installed at Victoria Park
- 6 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 7 Loud music man fined after breaching official order
- 8 RGB's North Devon branches helping others this Christmas
- 9 Heddon Valley crowned top of winter walks table
- 10 North Devon MP encourages community to go 'one step greener'