Barnstaple TV group calls for support
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Businesses and organisations are invited to hear more about plans for local television in North Devon.
THE GROUP behind plans for a new television station for North Devon is inviting businesses, organisations and members of the public to find out more.
Last week, the Gazette reported Ofcom announced Barnstaple as one of the areas to receive a local television licence.
Ex-ITV cameramen Chris Harris and Jan Stapley have been campaigning to set up Barnstaple TV since Ofcom started the scheme in 2011.
A series of open meetings will be held on Thursday, May 30 to outline plans for the television station and try and generate support.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re not trying to sell people anything, in fact, we want to know what we can do for them,” said Chris.
“There will be four meetings, the earliest at 10am and the latest at 4pm, for people to find out more.”
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 10 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
The meetings will be held at the Station Master’s Café in Barnstaple. To book a place visit: www.barnstapletelevision.co.uk/invite.