Barnstaple TV group calls for support
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Businesses and organisations are invited to hear more about plans for local television in North Devon.
THE GROUP behind plans for a new television station for North Devon is inviting businesses, organisations and members of the public to find out more.
Last week, the Gazette reported Ofcom announced Barnstaple as one of the areas to receive a local television licence.
Ex-ITV cameramen Chris Harris and Jan Stapley have been campaigning to set up Barnstaple TV since Ofcom started the scheme in 2011.
A series of open meetings will be held on Thursday, May 30 to outline plans for the television station and try and generate support.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re not trying to sell people anything, in fact, we want to know what we can do for them,” said Chris.
“There will be four meetings, the earliest at 10am and the latest at 4pm, for people to find out more.”
- 1 A361 Link Road closed after three vehicle crash
- 2 Thieves steal £3,500 of fragrances from Barnstaple department store
- 3 North Devon men to swim the English Channel and back again
- 4 Bideford woman wins £70,000 and turns miles into trees
- 5 Farmer fined for ploughing up protected Iron Age remains
- 6 Tractor guidance systems taken from farm near Bideford
- 7 Rare vehicles from Dave Vanstone Collection go to auction
- 8 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 9 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia
- 10 Barnstaple firm develops new anti-Covid alloy to replace stainless steel
The meetings will be held at the Station Master’s Café in Barnstaple. To book a place visit: www.barnstapletelevision.co.uk/invite.