Barnstaple Town FC manager Aaron Harper-Penman resigns
- Credit: Matt Smart
The search has begun for the next manager of Barnstaple Town Football Club after Aaron Harper-Penman handed in his notice.
In a statement, the club said its board has 'received and regretfully accepted the resignation' of the manager.
Steve Holland has assumed the role of caretaker manager for the upcoming trip to Willand Rovers this weekend.
The club's statement said: "The club would like to place on record its thanks to Aaron for the drive and passion that he has brought to the role since taking charge in December 2018.
"Aaron will always remain a legend at the club, making well over 300 appearances including as a player and captain of Barry Yeo's all-conquering side that achieved double promotions from Western League Division One to the Southern League."
You may also want to watch:
The club said it welcomes contact from interested parties for the position of manager. Contact club chairman Bob Chamberlain on 07771 532787.
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer