Barnstaple Topshop store to close?
Prominent high street fashion retailer looking set to leave the town.
TOPSHOP in Barnstaple is set to close at the end of March, the North Devon Gazette understands.
There has been no official confirmation from the Arcadia Group, which owns the high street fashion chain. Despite repeated requests, at the time of going to press yesterday (Tuesday) the Gazette was unable to secure a comment.
But it is understood staff at the store in Green Lanes Shopping Centre have been told.
In November Arcadia boss, billionaire Sir Philip Green said in a BBC interview that he expected some 250-260 stores in the retail empire to close within three years when their leases expired.
You may also want to watch:
The company owns a variety of high street brands including Dorothy Perkins, Miss Selfridge, BHS and Burton, but announced that profits have plummeted by almost 40 per cent.
The management team at Green Lanes in Barnstaple was also unable to comment.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 7 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 8 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 9 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 10 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack