Barnstaple Topshop store to close?
Prominent high street fashion retailer looking set to leave the town.
TOPSHOP in Barnstaple is set to close at the end of March, the North Devon Gazette understands.
There has been no official confirmation from the Arcadia Group, which owns the high street fashion chain. Despite repeated requests, at the time of going to press yesterday (Tuesday) the Gazette was unable to secure a comment.
But it is understood staff at the store in Green Lanes Shopping Centre have been told.
In November Arcadia boss, billionaire Sir Philip Green said in a BBC interview that he expected some 250-260 stores in the retail empire to close within three years when their leases expired.
You may also want to watch:
The company owns a variety of high street brands including Dorothy Perkins, Miss Selfridge, BHS and Burton, but announced that profits have plummeted by almost 40 per cent.
The management team at Green Lanes in Barnstaple was also unable to comment.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 3 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 4 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 5 Barnstaple Enterprise Hub 'Node' launches to support local businesses
- 6 Cook book to help in Afghanistan produced in South Molton
- 7 Holsworthy solicitor praised by guide to UK’s top lawyers
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs