Barnstaple Topshop store to close?
Prominent high street fashion retailer looking set to leave the town.
TOPSHOP in Barnstaple is set to close at the end of March, the North Devon Gazette understands.
There has been no official confirmation from the Arcadia Group, which owns the high street fashion chain. Despite repeated requests, at the time of going to press yesterday (Tuesday) the Gazette was unable to secure a comment.
But it is understood staff at the store in Green Lanes Shopping Centre have been told.
In November Arcadia boss, billionaire Sir Philip Green said in a BBC interview that he expected some 250-260 stores in the retail empire to close within three years when their leases expired.
You may also want to watch:
The company owns a variety of high street brands including Dorothy Perkins, Miss Selfridge, BHS and Burton, but announced that profits have plummeted by almost 40 per cent.
The management team at Green Lanes in Barnstaple was also unable to comment.
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 6 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 7 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 8 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 9 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 10 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow