Barnstaple Topshop staying open?
No comment from owners or landlord as it is suggested retail fashion chain store in Green Lanes is now staying open.
THE owner of the Barnstaple branch of Topshop has so far refused to comment following online reports the store is now staying open.
The comments on social networking sites said yesterday (Thursday) that the Green Lanes Shopping Centre store would remain open.
The Gazette reported two weeks ago that staff at the store had been told it would close at the end of March.
The Arcadia Group, which owns the retail chain, told the Gazette it could not comment on the situation and referred our reporter to British Land, which owns the shopping centre, but also said it was unable to comment.
You may also want to watch:
This morning (Friday) there was no comment from the store.
The Gazette understands from several sources that the two have been negotiating over the lease of the Green Lanes store. Posts on social networks now suggest this has been resolved.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 6 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities
The Arcadia Group is part of the empire of retail billionaire Sir Philip Green, who said in an interview last autumn that he expected some 250-260 stores to close within three years when their leases expired.