Barnstaple Three Bridges Run postponed
‘Event fatigue’ has forced organisers to put back the annual May 6 run until the autumn.
THE annual Three Bridges Fun Run in Barnstaple has been postponed due to “event fatigue” organisers have said.
Barnstaple Lions Club has held the 5.25 kilometre event each year since the opening of the new Downstream Bridge and the run on Sunday, May 6 would have been the sixth instalment.
Barnstaple Lions president Andy Shiner said they had taken the sad decision to delay the run due to the large number of events taking place this year, including the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations plus the Olympic Games.
“We apologise to anybody who has already entered and their entrance money is being sent back to them,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“The number of entrants has been dramatically reduced this year. There are so many things going on and money is tight for people, so that has got to have a bearing on what they do.”
It is hoped the Three Bridge run can be rescheduled to take place in the autumn.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 3 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 4 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 7 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 8 Big opening-day wins for Bideford and Braunton
- 9 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 10 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'