Barnstaple Three Bridges Run postponed
‘Event fatigue’ has forced organisers to put back the annual May 6 run until the autumn.
THE annual Three Bridges Fun Run in Barnstaple has been postponed due to “event fatigue” organisers have said.
Barnstaple Lions Club has held the 5.25 kilometre event each year since the opening of the new Downstream Bridge and the run on Sunday, May 6 would have been the sixth instalment.
Barnstaple Lions president Andy Shiner said they had taken the sad decision to delay the run due to the large number of events taking place this year, including the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations plus the Olympic Games.
“We apologise to anybody who has already entered and their entrance money is being sent back to them,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“The number of entrants has been dramatically reduced this year. There are so many things going on and money is tight for people, so that has got to have a bearing on what they do.”
It is hoped the Three Bridge run can be rescheduled to take place in the autumn.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 9 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 10 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton