Barnstaple surgeon joins fellowship
North Devon clinician bids to become a leader in the NHS.
A SURGEON at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple has won a place on a prestigious NHS leadership programme.
John Taylor has joined the Clinical Leadership Fellowship programme for 2012/13 and is one of 80 clinical professionals from around the country to be accepted on to the course, which supports the transformation of leadership in the NHS.
John will undertake the nine-month fellowship in conjunction with his roles as consultant vascular surgeon and clinical director for surgery for the Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust.
Fellows are asked to commit 48 days to the programme, which is run by the NHS Leadership Academy. John will be expected to spend 18 of those designing and implementing a service improvement project.
You may also want to watch:
“My project aims to explore some of the reasons behind delayed referral to secondary care for a range of conditions, such as leg ulcers and diabetic foot disease, despite evidence early specialist input can speed up healing, prevent complications and reduce the demand on resources in the longer term,” he said.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 8 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new