Barnstaple surgeon joins fellowship
North Devon clinician bids to become a leader in the NHS.
A SURGEON at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple has won a place on a prestigious NHS leadership programme.
John Taylor has joined the Clinical Leadership Fellowship programme for 2012/13 and is one of 80 clinical professionals from around the country to be accepted on to the course, which supports the transformation of leadership in the NHS.
John will undertake the nine-month fellowship in conjunction with his roles as consultant vascular surgeon and clinical director for surgery for the Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust.
Fellows are asked to commit 48 days to the programme, which is run by the NHS Leadership Academy. John will be expected to spend 18 of those designing and implementing a service improvement project.
“My project aims to explore some of the reasons behind delayed referral to secondary care for a range of conditions, such as leg ulcers and diabetic foot disease, despite evidence early specialist input can speed up healing, prevent complications and reduce the demand on resources in the longer term,” he said.
- 1 Popular character Joan dies at 92
- 2 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 3 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 4 These companies are out to tempt you before you're out of nappies
- 5 Young Jack strides out again for charity
- 6 Tennis ace Eric follows in Max's fund-raising footsteps
- 7 Urgent appeal goes out to help keep teenagers off the streets
- 8 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 9 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage
- 10 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far