Barnstaple surgeon joins fellowship
North Devon clinician bids to become a leader in the NHS.
A SURGEON at North Devon District Hospital in Barnstaple has won a place on a prestigious NHS leadership programme.
John Taylor has joined the Clinical Leadership Fellowship programme for 2012/13 and is one of 80 clinical professionals from around the country to be accepted on to the course, which supports the transformation of leadership in the NHS.
John will undertake the nine-month fellowship in conjunction with his roles as consultant vascular surgeon and clinical director for surgery for the Northern Devon Healthcare NHS Trust.
Fellows are asked to commit 48 days to the programme, which is run by the NHS Leadership Academy. John will be expected to spend 18 of those designing and implementing a service improvement project.
You may also want to watch:
“My project aims to explore some of the reasons behind delayed referral to secondary care for a range of conditions, such as leg ulcers and diabetic foot disease, despite evidence early specialist input can speed up healing, prevent complications and reduce the demand on resources in the longer term,” he said.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 7 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 8 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 9 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 10 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal