Barnstaple student praises police after laptop theft
- Credit: Archant
Computer with two years of coursework recovered after reported stolen from Tarka Line train.
A student has praised British Transport Police who recovered the computer containing all her coursework after it was allegedly stolen on the train to Barnstaple.
Naomi Williams, 18, reported her laptop bag, with computer, hard drive, books, wallet and other items, stolen as she travelled home to Barnstaple on the Wednesday evening train.
Aaron Hoaken, 21 and of no fixed abode, has been arrested and charged with theft in connection with the incident, He is due to appear at North Devon Magistrates Court on Friday, March 1.
Naomi told the Gazette the laptop contained two years of work from the software development course she is studying at South Devon College.
You may also want to watch:
“The British Transport Police were excellent, they did an amazing job,” she said.
“I would like to say a big thank you to them, plus my friends and family who were really supportive and even came out at 3am to help me try and find it.”
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 8 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage