Barnstaple student praises police after laptop theft
- Credit: Archant
Computer with two years of coursework recovered after reported stolen from Tarka Line train.
A student has praised British Transport Police who recovered the computer containing all her coursework after it was allegedly stolen on the train to Barnstaple.
Naomi Williams, 18, reported her laptop bag, with computer, hard drive, books, wallet and other items, stolen as she travelled home to Barnstaple on the Wednesday evening train.
Aaron Hoaken, 21 and of no fixed abode, has been arrested and charged with theft in connection with the incident, He is due to appear at North Devon Magistrates Court on Friday, March 1.
Naomi told the Gazette the laptop contained two years of work from the software development course she is studying at South Devon College.
You may also want to watch:
“The British Transport Police were excellent, they did an amazing job,” she said.
“I would like to say a big thank you to them, plus my friends and family who were really supportive and even came out at 3am to help me try and find it.”
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 9 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 10 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple