Barnstaple store’s big charity challenge
Wilkinsons workers aim to go the extra mile for Anthony Nolan bone marrow charity
STAFF at Wilkinsons Barnstaple will be working extra hard on Saturday to raise money for the Anthony Nolan bone marrow charity.
They’ll be taking turns to man cycling and rowing machines during an all-day charity challenge from 9am until the store closes at 5.30pm
“The equipment has been kindly provided by Floor One Fitness, who will be with us on the day to support,” said store manager Tim Jordan.
“Please come along and show your support for this amazing charity by donating a little and laughing a lot.”
You may also want to watch:
The Anthony Nolan charity funds research, recruits members to the bone marrow register, co-ordinates transplants and matches suitable donors with those in desperate need.
“We are pleased and proud to show our support for Anthony Nolan,” added Mr Jordan. “It is our charity of the year and we hope to do more events like this throughout 2011.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
“Any donations will be gratefully received, as we raise awareness of the work this charity does in the UK.”
For more information about the charity visit www.anthonynolan.org