Barnstaple store’s big charity challenge
Wilkinsons workers aim to go the extra mile for Anthony Nolan bone marrow charity
STAFF at Wilkinsons Barnstaple will be working extra hard on Saturday to raise money for the Anthony Nolan bone marrow charity.
They’ll be taking turns to man cycling and rowing machines during an all-day charity challenge from 9am until the store closes at 5.30pm
“The equipment has been kindly provided by Floor One Fitness, who will be with us on the day to support,” said store manager Tim Jordan.
“Please come along and show your support for this amazing charity by donating a little and laughing a lot.”
You may also want to watch:
The Anthony Nolan charity funds research, recruits members to the bone marrow register, co-ordinates transplants and matches suitable donors with those in desperate need.
“We are pleased and proud to show our support for Anthony Nolan,” added Mr Jordan. “It is our charity of the year and we hope to do more events like this throughout 2011.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
“Any donations will be gratefully received, as we raise awareness of the work this charity does in the UK.”
For more information about the charity visit www.anthonynolan.org