Barnstaple Stead & Simpson store to close
High Street shoe shop will shut this Saturday (November 17).
THE Stead and Simpson shoe shop in Barnstaple is to close down this Saturday.
The company confirmed the High Street store would be closing ‘due to poor sales performance and rising costs which make the location unsustainable’.
A spokesperson said every effort would be made to redeploy the staff affected to nearby stores where possible.
The national chain of 277 Stead and Simpson stores is owned by Shoe Zone, which currently operates both stores.
You may also want to watch:
Stead and Simpson branches across the country have been closing, including those in Tiverton and Sidmouth, with Exmouth soon to follow.
- 1 Bideford town centre regeneration plan backed by council
- 2 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 3 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 4 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 5 Barnstaple Pannier Market support return of Barnstaple In Bloom
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 9 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 10 North Devon woman reveals huge collection of HM Queen portraits and memorabilia