Barnstaple Stead & Simpson store to close
High Street shoe shop will shut this Saturday (November 17).
THE Stead and Simpson shoe shop in Barnstaple is to close down this Saturday.
The company confirmed the High Street store would be closing ‘due to poor sales performance and rising costs which make the location unsustainable’.
A spokesperson said every effort would be made to redeploy the staff affected to nearby stores where possible.
The national chain of 277 Stead and Simpson stores is owned by Shoe Zone, which currently operates both stores.
You may also want to watch:
Stead and Simpson branches across the country have been closing, including those in Tiverton and Sidmouth, with Exmouth soon to follow.
- 1 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple