Barnstaple school ‘outstanding’ after church inspection
Ashleigh C of E Primary School praised for its leadership and caring attitudes.
A BARNSTAPLE school has been rated as “outstanding” following its recent church School Inspection.
Ashleigh C of E Primary School in Bevan Road was praised by inspectors from the National Society Statutory Inspection of Anglican Schools for its outstanding work “meeting the needs of all learners.”
They also gave the 260-pupil school the top rating for the impact of collective worship on the school community and the effectiveness of its leadership and management as a church school.
On Monday, the school was presented with its certificate by Assistant Bishop the Right Reverend Martin Shaw from the Diocese of Exeter.
You may also want to watch:
“The children, staff and governors have worked hard to form some very strong links with our local church Holy Trinity, which is really impacting on the lives and values of our children,” said head teacher Mark Henderson.
“Our curate Andy Dodwell, the local church Open the Book team and our very popular Powerhouse Sunday school have worked hard with the school to form a strong team who fully deserve this recognition and our thanks.
- 1 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 2 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 5 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 10 Charity staff praised for support helping customers get online
“The SIAS report identified that our children value love, caring for each other and sharing as important aspects of life in school.
“That more than anything, makes all our efforts worth while.”