Barnstaple school consults on trust bid
Park Community School proposing to become a co-operative trust.
PARK School in Barnstaple is running a consultation until Friday May 18 on whether it should become a Co-operative Trust School.
The Governing Body is considering becoming a foundation school and acquiring a Trust with the proposed name The Park Community Co-operative Learning Trust.
A foundation school is a state-funded school in which the board of governors has greater control than in community schools.
“The Co-operative Model is built around people coming together to help one another,” said headteacher David Atton.
You may also want to watch:
“The Governing Body would continue in its role just as at present, but a trust is formed as a group of key individuals that seeks to help the governors and, through them, the whole school.
“To renew school improvement and strengthen outcomes for all of our pupils we need to find new and improved ways of working together with others for mutual benefit.”
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council