Barnstaple school consults on trust bid
Park Community School proposing to become a co-operative trust.
PARK School in Barnstaple is running a consultation until Friday May 18 on whether it should become a Co-operative Trust School.
The Governing Body is considering becoming a foundation school and acquiring a Trust with the proposed name The Park Community Co-operative Learning Trust.
A foundation school is a state-funded school in which the board of governors has greater control than in community schools.
“The Co-operative Model is built around people coming together to help one another,” said headteacher David Atton.
You may also want to watch:
“The Governing Body would continue in its role just as at present, but a trust is formed as a group of key individuals that seeks to help the governors and, through them, the whole school.
“To renew school improvement and strengthen outcomes for all of our pupils we need to find new and improved ways of working together with others for mutual benefit.”
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses