Barnstaple Santas ditch reindeer for running shoes
This year’s North Devon Hospice Santa Fun Run takes place on Sunday, December 11.
BARNSTAPLE’S annual Santa Fun Run is celebrating its sixth year this year.
The spectacular pre-Christmas dash in aid of North Devon Hospice will take place on Sunday, December 11 and organisers are hoping that more people than ever will join in the fun.
Santas of all ages, shapes and sizes are being invited to sign up for the 5km circular run through the town, starting at Barnstaple Town Football Club in Mill Road.
Registration is from 11am at the football club, with the run starting at 1pm, followed by separate starts for joggers and walkers.
You may also want to watch:
The event costs �10 to enter and all participants will receive a free Santa suit to wear in the run.
“Although by no means a race, the first three people across the finish line will be presented with a medal by Olympic hopeful, Lucy Wiegersma,” said a spokesperson.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 10 Exhibition celebrates North Devon in 100 objects
“On the day, there’s also a short children’s fancy dress fun run for five-to-12-year-olds around the football pitch. “Every runner will receive a medal for taking part and one will have the chance to be crowned the best fancy dress of 2011.”
A Christmas buffet will be available at the football club from 3pm.
For a registration form, contact Rebecca Worth on (01271) 347204, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.santafunrun.co.uk