When can you see the Barnstaple Santa’s sleigh for 2020?
- Credit: Archant
No pandemic will keep the Barnstaple Round Table Santa sleigh from making its annual festive tour of the town, starting this week.
The sleigh is always a welcome sight at Christmas and begins its schedule this year this Saturday, December 5 from 3.30pm with visits to the Sticklepath and Fremington areas.
But there are some changes and spectators have been asked not to approach Santa and his helpers as they pass, but where possible to stay on their own properties.
Residents have though been urged to cheer, wave and make as much noise as possible as well as dress up in their flashiest Christmas accessories.
Darren ‘Gonz’ Trick, chairman of Barnstaple Round Table, said: “This year has been a very difficult year for everyone with many events being cancelled, as a club we thought it would be very important to bring some festive cheer to the good people of Barnstaple and the surrounding areas.
You may also want to watch:
“This year we are having to make several changes including merging some routes, not having so many charity collectors due to the ongoing social distancing rules.”
If you wish to donate this year, go to www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/barnstaplesantasleigh and you can track Santa at www.barnstapleroundtable.com/santa.
Barnstaple Santa’s Sleigh schedule
- 1 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 2 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 5 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 6 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 7 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 8 iLab marks 10th birthday with pledge to raise £10,000 for North Devon Hospice
- 9 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 10 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
Saturday, December 5, Sticklepath and Fremington 3.30pm;
Sunday, December 6, Whiddon Valley 3.30pm;
Tuesday, December 8, Gorwell and Silverleat 5pm;
Thursday, December 10, Forches and town centre (residential) 5pm;
Saturday, December 12, Roundswell B and Brynsworthy Park 3.30pm;
Sunday, December 13, Landkey and lower Newport 3.30pm;
Tuesday, December 15, upper Newport 5pm;
Thursday, December 17, Roundswell A and Tower View 5pm.