Barnstaple's monster picnic
BARNSTAPLE is preparing for another monster picnic – three times bigger than its last! The Picnic in the Park organised by Barnstaple Lions Club last year helped the UK claim the record for the largest multiple venue picnic in the world. The national char
BARNSTAPLE is preparing for another monster picnic - three times bigger than its last!
The Picnic in the Park organised by Barnstaple Lions Club last year helped the UK claim the record for the largest multiple venue picnic in the world.
The national charity event saw picnics being held all over the UK and the one in Barnstaple was the third largest, with 1,000 participants.
That has made the town one of eight nationwide to be awarded Government sponsorship for this year's event, which will enable it to grow bigger still.
You may also want to watch:
"This year we are planning for 3,000 people taking part," said Barnstaple Lion Barry Dowding. "As well as everyone picnicking, we are planning fire eaters, jugglers, music, candy floss and other entertainments and attractions.
This year's Picnic in the Park is on May 31. For more details go to the Barnstaple Lions Club website:- www.barnstaplelionsclub.org.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 5 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 6 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 7 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 8 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'