Barnstaple's monster picnic
BARNSTAPLE is preparing for another monster picnic – three times bigger than its last! The Picnic in the Park organised by Barnstaple Lions Club last year helped the UK claim the record for the largest multiple venue picnic in the world. The national char
BARNSTAPLE is preparing for another monster picnic - three times bigger than its last!
The Picnic in the Park organised by Barnstaple Lions Club last year helped the UK claim the record for the largest multiple venue picnic in the world.
The national charity event saw picnics being held all over the UK and the one in Barnstaple was the third largest, with 1,000 participants.
That has made the town one of eight nationwide to be awarded Government sponsorship for this year's event, which will enable it to grow bigger still.
You may also want to watch:
"This year we are planning for 3,000 people taking part," said Barnstaple Lion Barry Dowding. "As well as everyone picnicking, we are planning fire eaters, jugglers, music, candy floss and other entertainments and attractions.
This year's Picnic in the Park is on May 31. For more details go to the Barnstaple Lions Club website:- www.barnstaplelionsclub.org.
- 1 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 2 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 5 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 6 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 7 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 8 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 9 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 10 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey