Barnstaple's monster picnic
BARNSTAPLE is preparing for another monster picnic – three times bigger than its last! The Picnic in the Park organised by Barnstaple Lions Club last year helped the UK claim the record for the largest multiple venue picnic in the world. The national char
BARNSTAPLE is preparing for another monster picnic - three times bigger than its last!
The Picnic in the Park organised by Barnstaple Lions Club last year helped the UK claim the record for the largest multiple venue picnic in the world.
The national charity event saw picnics being held all over the UK and the one in Barnstaple was the third largest, with 1,000 participants.
That has made the town one of eight nationwide to be awarded Government sponsorship for this year's event, which will enable it to grow bigger still.
You may also want to watch:
"This year we are planning for 3,000 people taking part," said Barnstaple Lion Barry Dowding. "As well as everyone picnicking, we are planning fire eaters, jugglers, music, candy floss and other entertainments and attractions.
This year's Picnic in the Park is on May 31. For more details go to the Barnstaple Lions Club website:- www.barnstaplelionsclub.org.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 2 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 3 New Barnstaple restaurant offers Fine Dining at Home
- 4 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 5 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 Candidates for police and crime commissioner have their say
- 8 Ilfracombe Drive-In Cinema returns this May
- 9 Pensioner gets suspended sentence for 'unspeakable abuse images'
- 10 New food delivery service launched in Barnstaple