Barnstaple's monster picnic
BARNSTAPLE is preparing for another monster picnic – three times bigger than its last! The Picnic in the Park organised by Barnstaple Lions Club last year helped the UK claim the record for the largest multiple venue picnic in the world. The national char
BARNSTAPLE is preparing for another monster picnic - three times bigger than its last!
The Picnic in the Park organised by Barnstaple Lions Club last year helped the UK claim the record for the largest multiple venue picnic in the world.
The national charity event saw picnics being held all over the UK and the one in Barnstaple was the third largest, with 1,000 participants.
That has made the town one of eight nationwide to be awarded Government sponsorship for this year's event, which will enable it to grow bigger still.
You may also want to watch:
"This year we are planning for 3,000 people taking part," said Barnstaple Lion Barry Dowding. "As well as everyone picnicking, we are planning fire eaters, jugglers, music, candy floss and other entertainments and attractions.
This year's Picnic in the Park is on May 31. For more details go to the Barnstaple Lions Club website:- www.barnstaplelionsclub.org.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman