Barnstaple’s Blue Inc closes and Eden also set to close
- Credit: Archant
Fashion retailers are latest High Street shops to close
Fashion retailers Blue Inc and Eden are closing their High Street shops in Barnstaple.
Barnstaple’s is one of around 60 Blue Inc shops to close across the UK after owners A Levy and Son entered administration this week.
Officers Club in Green Lanes shopping centre, which is owned by the same group, remains open.
Eden, meanwhile, is closing after more than 75 years as a locally-run North Devon business and 23 years in Barnstaple.
You may also want to watch:
Owners Ed and Jo have decided to retire, and put up a sign on their window this week to thank their customers.
The sign also said they have accepted an offer from ‘a national company who wish to lease the premises off them’.
- 1 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 2 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 3 Man arrested after 'serious assault' outside Barnstaple nightclub
- 4 Drink driver banned after Ilfracombe Lidl crash
- 5 Surf trio take on epic surf paddle challenge in memory of best friends
- 6 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream
- 7 Fringe TheatreFest returns to Barnstaple this month
- 8 Holsworthy conveyancer crowned Young Practitioner of the Year
- 9 Yelland Quay development refused - Campaigners celebrate
- 10 Scream mask knifeman caused terror at Barnstaple play park
They’re holding a ‘retirement sale’ this weekend.
Blue Inc and Eden are the latest big shops to close in the High Street after news that Cargo will close soon and Next is planning to move to the new development at Anchorwood Bank in 2017.
Cargo owners Steinhoff UK were unable to confirm a closing date when contacted by the Gazette this week and staff in the shop are also unaware of when the shop will close.