Barnstaple rock band makes World Cup record
A NORTH Devon rock band has scored a major deal to record an unofficial England World Cup anthem for supermarket giant Tesco. Jonny : Black have recorded the single Stand Up for your Heroes which will be used as the soundtrack to a range of World Cup clot
A NORTH Devon rock band has scored a major deal to record an unofficial England World Cup anthem for supermarket giant Tesco.
Jonny : Black have recorded the single Stand Up for your Heroes which will be used as the soundtrack to a range of World Cup clothing being sold in UK Tesco stores from this month.
The track, recorded at Livingston Recording Studios in London, was written and produced by Russ Ballard, who has many commercial hits to his name, including God Gave Rock and Roll to You, performed by American rock band Kiss, among others.
The exciting collaboration caps an exciting six months for the Barnstaple four-piece, who have recorded their debut album in Los Angles with top rock producer Kevin Shirley, who has Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith and Iron Maiden to his many credits.
You may also want to watch:
Jonny : Black have been on the road throughout the UK to coincide with the launch of the album, The Last Report, released in February this year.
Lead singer, Tommy Butters, 19, from Braunton, said: "We all like football and love the spirit generated around the whole country when the World Cup is being played so to be part of that spirit this year is really special for us.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 6 Staff at Wimpy Barnstaple receive special bonus
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby receives parliamentary promotion
- 8 Dignitaries formally open Penrose Almshouses in Barnstaple
- 9 Mercy for Lynton farm shop keeper who grew cannabis
- 10 Extinction Rebellion celebrate Big Green Week in Barnstaple
"Most football fans like rock music so to be associated with the sport is great for us. As a band you're always trying to find your feet and so to be part of such a high profile campaign, and to work with people of such a high calibre has been a real privilege for us."
The single is now available to buy on download but for a sneak preview, see below.