Barnstaple rock band makes World Cup record
A NORTH Devon rock band has scored a major deal to record an unofficial England World Cup anthem for supermarket giant Tesco. Jonny : Black have recorded the single Stand Up for your Heroes which will be used as the soundtrack to a range of World Cup clot
A NORTH Devon rock band has scored a major deal to record an unofficial England World Cup anthem for supermarket giant Tesco.
Jonny : Black have recorded the single Stand Up for your Heroes which will be used as the soundtrack to a range of World Cup clothing being sold in UK Tesco stores from this month.
The track, recorded at Livingston Recording Studios in London, was written and produced by Russ Ballard, who has many commercial hits to his name, including God Gave Rock and Roll to You, performed by American rock band Kiss, among others.
The exciting collaboration caps an exciting six months for the Barnstaple four-piece, who have recorded their debut album in Los Angles with top rock producer Kevin Shirley, who has Led Zeppelin, Aerosmith and Iron Maiden to his many credits.
You may also want to watch:
Jonny : Black have been on the road throughout the UK to coincide with the launch of the album, The Last Report, released in February this year.
Lead singer, Tommy Butters, 19, from Braunton, said: "We all like football and love the spirit generated around the whole country when the World Cup is being played so to be part of that spirit this year is really special for us.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 2 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 3 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 4 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 5 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 6 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 7 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 8 Covid vaccine: Roll out continues but is North Devon being left out?
- 9 Football league teams up with Northern Devon Foodbank
- 10 Masked burglars make Bideford garage cigarette smash and grab
"Most football fans like rock music so to be associated with the sport is great for us. As a band you're always trying to find your feet and so to be part of such a high profile campaign, and to work with people of such a high calibre has been a real privilege for us."
The single is now available to buy on download but for a sneak preview, see below.