Barnstaple residents not impressed with roundabout
- Credit: Archant
Councillor surveys locals on the ‘unfit for purpose’ Shorelands-Old Torrington Road mini roundabout.
A Barnstaple county councillor is asking Sticklepath residents what they think of a controversial mini roundabout that has been branded a ‘waste of money’.
Cllr Chris Haywood has sent out questionnaires to 250 households near the roundabout junction on Old Torrington and Shorelands roads.
“If you come along the Old Torrington Road towards the crematorium you have to go out into the traffic before you can see if anything is coming,” said Mr Haywood.
“Ever since it was built the residents have been against it and said what a waste of money it was and it doesn’t seem to serve any decent purpose there.
You may also want to watch:
“So far most of the responses from the questionnaires suggest they want to get rid of it.”
Mr Haywood said the roundabout had been installed as part of highways conditions for approving a planning application for two new homes nearby.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 4 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 5 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 6 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 7 'Monster' jailed after abuse victim tells judge of his torment
- 8 Sale of Bideford's Brunswick Wharf completed
- 9 Great Big Green Week backed by North Devon Council
- 10 Man left with 'life changing' injuries after assault in Barnstaple