Barnstaple residents not impressed with roundabout
- Credit: Archant
Councillor surveys locals on the ‘unfit for purpose’ Shorelands-Old Torrington Road mini roundabout.
A Barnstaple county councillor is asking Sticklepath residents what they think of a controversial mini roundabout that has been branded a ‘waste of money’.
Cllr Chris Haywood has sent out questionnaires to 250 households near the roundabout junction on Old Torrington and Shorelands roads.
“If you come along the Old Torrington Road towards the crematorium you have to go out into the traffic before you can see if anything is coming,” said Mr Haywood.
“Ever since it was built the residents have been against it and said what a waste of money it was and it doesn’t seem to serve any decent purpose there.
You may also want to watch:
“So far most of the responses from the questionnaires suggest they want to get rid of it.”
Mr Haywood said the roundabout had been installed as part of highways conditions for approving a planning application for two new homes nearby.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 5 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 6 Contactless donation station for Chemohero at Affinity Devon
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 Ilfracombe dressage star Caitlin Burgess pursues Olympic dream