Barnstaple Really Big Quiz will be back next year after celebrating major milestone in 2019
- Credit: Contributed
Barnstaple’s Really Big Quiz will be back in 2020 after celebrating a major milestone this year.
Last month's quiz raised £2,991 for Age Concern Barnstaple and the town's See Hear Centre.
The event marked the 10th anniversary of organisers and hosts Simpkins Edwards raising money for the Mayor of Barnstaple's charities.
In its 10 years it has raised more than £30,000.
This year's event saw 33 teams test their knowledge, with Locals at Work walking away with the trophy.
You may also want to watch:
Mayor of Barnstaple Alan Rennles said: "I would like to pay tribute to Simpkins Edwards, organisers of the Really Big Quiz for the past decade. With their help, we have brought businesses and individuals together for the benefit of charities both in Barnstaple and across North Devon.
"We look forward to next year and to continuing this wonderful charitable event for many years to come."
- 1 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 6 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 7 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities
- 10 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
The next Barnstaple Really Big Quiz will be held on November 11 2020, at the Barnstaple Hotel.