Barnstaple Race for Life 2020 is postponed
- Credit: Archant
The Race for Life in Barnstaple for Cancer Research UK has been moved back to the end of the summer.
Organisers have rescheduled the five kilometre event at Rock Park from June 28 to Sunday, August 30.
Those who have already signed up for the Race for Life event in June can transfer their entry to the new August date and entries are also open for more people to join.
Once again the fundraiser is inviting men, women and children to take part, moving away from its earlier ‘women only’ format.
Sophie Heath, Cancer Research UK event manager for Devon, said: “We’re sending a heartfelt message to everyone to seize the opportunity and come join us to Race for Life in Barnstaple.
You may also want to watch:
“As the coronavirus outbreak continues to unfold, we are listening to the advice and guidance of the UK Government carefully.
“While our priority is ensuring that people affected by cancer get the support and information they need during unprecedented times, we’re having to work quickly to understand the impact the pandemic will have on Cancer Research UK’s fundraising.”
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 5 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 6 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 7 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 8 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 9 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
Since it began, Race for Life around the country has raised more than £890million.
If you’d like to take part this August, go to raceforlife.org or call 0300 123 0770.