Barnstaple preparing for the big tidy up
BARNSTAPLE is getting ready for the Tidy Up Our Town event this June when local people and organisations roll up their collective sleeves to make the town spic and span for the summer.
The annual event is organised by the Town Council, working with Barnstaple Town Centre Management, other agencies and residents to tackle any unsightly areas.
This year it runs from Monday, June 13, culminating in a big celebration day at the Square on Saturday 18, held in conjunction with the North Devon Festival.
Residents, businesses and local groups have been urged to take provide in their own streets and premises by joining the council for the big clean up, whether it is clearing litter, weeding, painting or replanting.
The event runs from 10am-4pm and will feature a variety of stalls, activities, demonstrations and workshops, with plenty for all ages to see and do.
You may also want to watch:
This will include junk music workshops by Wren Music, Recreate sessions run by Mrs Recycle and the innovative Bicycle Smoothie Maker – the faster you pedal, the quicker you will blend your refreshing fruit drink!
Murals created by local primary schools will be on display and there will be a variety of environmentally themed stalls from different organisations.
- 1 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 6 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 7 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 8 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 9 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
Any companies or charities that would like a stall at the event on Saturday, June 18 are asked to contact the town council. Proceeds from the day will go to the new mayor’s charity, to be chosen in May.
Any groups or individuals wishing to clean up an area of town can get an application pack from Barnstaple Town Council on (01271) 373311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. They must be returned by April 1.