Barnstaple preparing for the big tidy up
BARNSTAPLE is getting ready for the Tidy Up Our Town event this June when local people and organisations roll up their collective sleeves to make the town spic and span for the summer.
The annual event is organised by the Town Council, working with Barnstaple Town Centre Management, other agencies and residents to tackle any unsightly areas.
This year it runs from Monday, June 13, culminating in a big celebration day at the Square on Saturday 18, held in conjunction with the North Devon Festival.
Residents, businesses and local groups have been urged to take provide in their own streets and premises by joining the council for the big clean up, whether it is clearing litter, weeding, painting or replanting.
The event runs from 10am-4pm and will feature a variety of stalls, activities, demonstrations and workshops, with plenty for all ages to see and do.
You may also want to watch:
This will include junk music workshops by Wren Music, Recreate sessions run by Mrs Recycle and the innovative Bicycle Smoothie Maker – the faster you pedal, the quicker you will blend your refreshing fruit drink!
Murals created by local primary schools will be on display and there will be a variety of environmentally themed stalls from different organisations.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 7 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 8 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality
Any companies or charities that would like a stall at the event on Saturday, June 18 are asked to contact the town council. Proceeds from the day will go to the new mayor’s charity, to be chosen in May.
Any groups or individuals wishing to clean up an area of town can get an application pack from Barnstaple Town Council on (01271) 373311 or email email@example.com. They must be returned by April 1.