Barnstaple nursery is in the pink for charity
Youngsters and adults paint park pink in aid of Breast Cancer Campaign.
YOUNGSTERS and staff from a Barnstaple nursery and preschool made a colourful appearance at a town centre park to raise money for a national breast cancer charity.
Kiddywinks Neighbourhood Nursery and Pre-school always makes a big effort during Breast Cancer Campaign’s Wear it Pink Day – but this year was their most successful fund-raiser yet.
Around 70 pink-clad children and adults enjoyed a sponsored sing along and picnic at Rock Park. The nearby Park Hotel donated sandwiches for the event, which has already raised �520 for charity.
The final tally was given a further boost thanks to a cake sale and a sponsored silence by 10-year-old Sophie-Mae Silvester.
You may also want to watch:
“This was our best event yet and we’re so proud that such a small group of people has managed to raise such a large amount of money,” said nursery owner Sarah Silvester.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 9 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 10 Sextortion warning for North Devon Facebook users