Barnstaple nursery is in the pink for charity
Youngsters and adults paint park pink in aid of Breast Cancer Campaign.
YOUNGSTERS and staff from a Barnstaple nursery and preschool made a colourful appearance at a town centre park to raise money for a national breast cancer charity.
Kiddywinks Neighbourhood Nursery and Pre-school always makes a big effort during Breast Cancer Campaign’s Wear it Pink Day – but this year was their most successful fund-raiser yet.
Around 70 pink-clad children and adults enjoyed a sponsored sing along and picnic at Rock Park. The nearby Park Hotel donated sandwiches for the event, which has already raised �520 for charity.
The final tally was given a further boost thanks to a cake sale and a sponsored silence by 10-year-old Sophie-Mae Silvester.
You may also want to watch:
“This was our best event yet and we’re so proud that such a small group of people has managed to raise such a large amount of money,” said nursery owner Sarah Silvester.
- 1 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 2 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 3 Braunton farmer admits ploughing up 'semi natural' land
- 4 Prince Philip's last North Devon visit remembered
- 5 North Devon high streets get set to welcome residents back
- 6 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 7 Flags fly at half mast across North Devon for Prince Philip
- 8 Rapid coronavirus tests now available across Devon
- 9 Date set for reopening of Bideford Pannier Market
- 10 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident