Barnstaple nursery is in the pink for charity
Youngsters and adults paint park pink in aid of Breast Cancer Campaign.
YOUNGSTERS and staff from a Barnstaple nursery and preschool made a colourful appearance at a town centre park to raise money for a national breast cancer charity.
Kiddywinks Neighbourhood Nursery and Pre-school always makes a big effort during Breast Cancer Campaign’s Wear it Pink Day – but this year was their most successful fund-raiser yet.
Around 70 pink-clad children and adults enjoyed a sponsored sing along and picnic at Rock Park. The nearby Park Hotel donated sandwiches for the event, which has already raised �520 for charity.
The final tally was given a further boost thanks to a cake sale and a sponsored silence by 10-year-old Sophie-Mae Silvester.
You may also want to watch:
“This was our best event yet and we’re so proud that such a small group of people has managed to raise such a large amount of money,” said nursery owner Sarah Silvester.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI