Barnstaple museum launches photographic competition
THE Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon hasmopened its annual Heritage Photographic Competition, which this year features a new category to help celebrate North Devon Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty s golden anniversary. Local photographers are now b
THE Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon hasmopened its annual Heritage Photographic Competition, which this year features a new category to help celebrate North Devon Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty's golden anniversary.
Local photographers are now being invited to submit entries. The event is open to children and adults with a passion for photography, the only stipulations being that the photographs must be shot in North Devon, Exmoor or Lundy and have been taken recently.
This year, to celebrate its 50th anniversary, the North Devon Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) is presenting a range of events, and is introducing a special category into the competition.
On September 10, 1959, the spectacular coastline of North Devon was designated as an AONB in recognition of its stunning coastal landscape, which is of national and international importance.
You may also want to watch:
Any photographs entered in the competition, identified as having been taken within this specially protected area, will be eligible for entry in its own special category, as well as the usual groups, judged by Devon shepherd and English national sheepdog handler David Kennard.
The Museum's six standard categories are Towns & Villages, The Coast & The Sea, Characters, Landscape, Wildlife, and Anything Goes. Judging these will be Liza Owen and Ben Liddell, both lecturers in Photography and Art & Design at North Devon College
- 1 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 4 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 5 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 6 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 7 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 8 Times Past: How South Molton centrepiece came to be
- 9 Ram raid burglar jailed after rampaging crime spree
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman
The closing date for entries is Saturday, October 17 and the winners will be announced in an awards presentation on Saturday, November 14. All entries will then be displayed at the Museum from that date until Saturday, January 9, 2010.
For details and an entry form phone 01271 34 67 47, email email@example.com or visit the Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon on The Square in Barnstaple in person.