Barnstaple museum launches photographic competition
THE Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon hasmopened its annual Heritage Photographic Competition, which this year features a new category to help celebrate North Devon Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty s golden anniversary. Local photographers are now b
THE Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon hasmopened its annual Heritage Photographic Competition, which this year features a new category to help celebrate North Devon Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty's golden anniversary.
Local photographers are now being invited to submit entries. The event is open to children and adults with a passion for photography, the only stipulations being that the photographs must be shot in North Devon, Exmoor or Lundy and have been taken recently.
This year, to celebrate its 50th anniversary, the North Devon Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) is presenting a range of events, and is introducing a special category into the competition.
On September 10, 1959, the spectacular coastline of North Devon was designated as an AONB in recognition of its stunning coastal landscape, which is of national and international importance.
You may also want to watch:
Any photographs entered in the competition, identified as having been taken within this specially protected area, will be eligible for entry in its own special category, as well as the usual groups, judged by Devon shepherd and English national sheepdog handler David Kennard.
The Museum's six standard categories are Towns & Villages, The Coast & The Sea, Characters, Landscape, Wildlife, and Anything Goes. Judging these will be Liza Owen and Ben Liddell, both lecturers in Photography and Art & Design at North Devon College
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 7 Plan to replace old North Devon Leisure Centre with housing submitted
- 8 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 9 Northam Murder: Expert says trail of clues link carer to the scene
- 10 A361: Crash involving car and lorry blocks Link Road near South Molton
The closing date for entries is Saturday, October 17 and the winners will be announced in an awards presentation on Saturday, November 14. All entries will then be displayed at the Museum from that date until Saturday, January 9, 2010.
For details and an entry form phone 01271 34 67 47, email email@example.com or visit the Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon on The Square in Barnstaple in person.