Barnstaple museum launches photographic competition
THE Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon hasmopened its annual Heritage Photographic Competition, which this year features a new category to help celebrate North Devon Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty s golden anniversary. Local photographers are now b
THE Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon hasmopened its annual Heritage Photographic Competition, which this year features a new category to help celebrate North Devon Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty's golden anniversary.
Local photographers are now being invited to submit entries. The event is open to children and adults with a passion for photography, the only stipulations being that the photographs must be shot in North Devon, Exmoor or Lundy and have been taken recently.
This year, to celebrate its 50th anniversary, the North Devon Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) is presenting a range of events, and is introducing a special category into the competition.
On September 10, 1959, the spectacular coastline of North Devon was designated as an AONB in recognition of its stunning coastal landscape, which is of national and international importance.
Any photographs entered in the competition, identified as having been taken within this specially protected area, will be eligible for entry in its own special category, as well as the usual groups, judged by Devon shepherd and English national sheepdog handler David Kennard.
The Museum's six standard categories are Towns & Villages, The Coast & The Sea, Characters, Landscape, Wildlife, and Anything Goes. Judging these will be Liza Owen and Ben Liddell, both lecturers in Photography and Art & Design at North Devon College
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 3 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 4 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 Why Lorna gave up working from an office to build a business around passion for surfing
- 10 Young Jack strides out again for charity
The closing date for entries is Saturday, October 17 and the winners will be announced in an awards presentation on Saturday, November 14. All entries will then be displayed at the Museum from that date until Saturday, January 9, 2010.
For details and an entry form phone 01271 34 67 47, email email@example.com or visit the Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon on The Square in Barnstaple in person.