Barnstaple museum launches photographic competition
THE Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon hasmopened its annual Heritage Photographic Competition, which this year features a new category to help celebrate North Devon Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty s golden anniversary. Local photographers are now b
THE Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon hasmopened its annual Heritage Photographic Competition, which this year features a new category to help celebrate North Devon Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty's golden anniversary.
Local photographers are now being invited to submit entries. The event is open to children and adults with a passion for photography, the only stipulations being that the photographs must be shot in North Devon, Exmoor or Lundy and have been taken recently.
This year, to celebrate its 50th anniversary, the North Devon Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty (AONB) is presenting a range of events, and is introducing a special category into the competition.
On September 10, 1959, the spectacular coastline of North Devon was designated as an AONB in recognition of its stunning coastal landscape, which is of national and international importance.
You may also want to watch:
Any photographs entered in the competition, identified as having been taken within this specially protected area, will be eligible for entry in its own special category, as well as the usual groups, judged by Devon shepherd and English national sheepdog handler David Kennard.
The Museum's six standard categories are Towns & Villages, The Coast & The Sea, Characters, Landscape, Wildlife, and Anything Goes. Judging these will be Liza Owen and Ben Liddell, both lecturers in Photography and Art & Design at North Devon College
- 1 Hotel restriction in Westward Ho! will not be lifted
- 2 Fugitive jailed after car chase between Bideford and Barnstaple
- 3 'Once-in-a-generation' Bideford development given 'full support'
- 4 Finance manager jailed for stealing almost £1m from Witheridge company
- 5 Bid to make Ilfracombe pier car park long stay rejected
- 6 Jail for toothache attacker in North Molton
- 7 Man hospitalised after alleyway assault in South Molton
- 8 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 9 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 10 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
The closing date for entries is Saturday, October 17 and the winners will be announced in an awards presentation on Saturday, November 14. All entries will then be displayed at the Museum from that date until Saturday, January 9, 2010.
For details and an entry form phone 01271 34 67 47, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit the Museum of Barnstaple and North Devon on The Square in Barnstaple in person.