Barnstaple murder - police to quiz weekend revellers
THE latest move in the Barnstaple murder inquiry will see extra police in the town centre this weekend in a bid to find witnesses who can help piece together the final hours of the two victims. There will be a particular focus on Saturday evening and poli
THE latest move in the Barnstaple murder inquiry will see extra police in the town centre this weekend in a bid to find witnesses who can help piece together the final hours of the two victims.
There will be a particular focus on Saturday evening and police are keen to hear from anyone who saw or spoke to Deborah Jones or Donna St John, both aged 35, while they were out socialising last Saturday night.
They and some companions visited various public houses from around 10pm and at some point visited Toko opposite the bus station.
They returned to Debbie's rented home at Fortmead Close between 2-3am on Sunday, accompanied by a man and their bodies were found at the house at around 9am following a fire.
You may also want to watch:
They have now been formally identified and police inquires are ongoing with their family and friends, who continue to work with dedicated family liaison officers.
Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Inspector Mike West, said: "We have had a good response from witnesses but further information is sought from potential witnesses to piece together the movements of both Deborah and Donna on Saturday evening and during the early hours of Sunday morning."
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 6 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 7 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 8 Meet former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo in Barnstaple
- 9 Barnstaple Waterstones to host first event since March 2020
- 10 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
Detectives will be working through the weekend and into next week as they seek information on the events of Saturday and Sunday, August 21-22.
The examination of the scene at Fortmead Close is still ongoing.
The condition of a suspect, a 40 year old man in North Devon District Hospital remains unchanged, described as serious but stable and police have hinted he is unlikely to be interviewed for a number of days.
Anyone who saw Debbie or Donna, or spoke to them on the night in question, is aksed to call police on 08452 777444.