Barnstaple mums' monster challenge
TWO Barnstaple mums have set themselves a monster of a challenge to raise funds for needy children overseas. Sha Jones and Tracey Nott, both in their early 40s, will next month be taking part in the Loch Ness marathon, just six months after taking up runn
TWO Barnstaple mums have set themselves a monster of a challenge to raise funds for needy children overseas.
Sha Jones and Tracey Nott, both in their early 40s, will next month be taking part in the Loch Ness marathon, just six months after taking up running for the first time.
"When we started we could not even run as far as one lamp post," said Sha.
But after training hard they have already tested themselves in the Bristol half-marathon, which they completed together in 2hrs 37 mins and are now up to twice-weekly runs of eight or nine miles plus 17 miles once a week.
You may also want to watch:
Sha works at Sticklebricks Pre-School in Sticklepath and Tracey, a former zoo keeper who now works with dogs.
They wanted to use their run to help poor children have a decent education, said Sha.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
The money they raise will go to Action Aid, which helps children in third-world areas gain access to health care, education and clean water.
Anyone who wants to help boost the fund raising with sponsorship can do so through Sticklebricks Pre-School, Computers On The Square in Barnstaple or on the web at