Barnstaple man charged with mother’s murder
- Credit: Archant
Son in court over Sunflower Road death.
A Barnstaple man has appeared in court charged with murdering his mother.
Charles Davison, 38, appeared before Exeter magistrates today (Tuesday), after being charged by detectives on Saturday.
The body of Valerie Davison, known locally as Jane, was discovered at her home in Sunflower Road on Monday, November 18.
The 59-year-old’s death was initially treated as unexplained but detectives launched a murder investigation following enquiries. They now believe Mrs Davison was murdered between November 3 and 17.
You may also want to watch:
Her son, of the same address in Sunflower Road, was remanded into custody by magistrates.
The case was adjourned until January 23 next year.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 5 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 6 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 7 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 8 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 9 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 10 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler