Barnstaple horse charity burgled
- Credit: Archant
Equipment stolen during break-in at equine re-homing charity.
HUNDREDS of pounds worth of equine equipment has been reported stolen during a break-in at a horse re-homing charity.
Volunteers at North Devon Equine Rescue were devastated to discover a tack room had been broken into between 6.30pm yesterday (Wednesday) and 9.30am today.
Police said a padlock was forced and three saddles and horse bandages were taken during the raid at Deer Park Nurseries on the outskirts of Barnstaple.
Earlier the charity took to Facebook to appeal for help tracing the culprits.
You may also want to watch:
They said: “The tack room was broken into and tack stolen. The yard was trashed including the barn area and shavings were everywhere.
“All the horses were let out of stables and fields. We are so angry but thank-you too all who helped to clean yard this morning.”
- 1 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 2 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 3 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 6 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 9 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
- 10 Northam widow was found half under her bed by carer
Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 101 quoting crime number CB/14/165.