Barnstaple group knits up a storm for charity
A one hour knitathon has helped a Barnstaple community group raise �737.82 towards Shelterboxes for Haiti survivors. Members of The Village Well, a weekly drop in group organised by Roundswell Church, raised �460 with their sponsored knit-in alone while
A one hour "knitathon" has helped a Barnstaple community group raise �737.82 towards Shelterboxes for Haiti survivors.
Members of The Village Well, a weekly drop in group organised by Roundswell Church, raised �460 with their sponsored knit-in alone while a further �277.82 was made from a church collection.
The group meets every Tuesday from 9am to noon at the Action for Children Centre in the grounds of Sticklepath Primary School.
All ages will find a friendly welcome, a listening ear and a chance to take part if they wish in various activities and outings, with free coffee, tea and biscuits and good friendship on tap.
You may also want to watch:
To find out more about The Village Well, call Sally on (01271) 349861 or Jenny on 325649.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 3 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 9 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
- 10 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley