Barnstaple golden girls
RACHEL Higgs and Kerry Whitefield of Golds Hair Salon in Barnstaple are running the London Marathon in April to raise funds for the Calvert Trust on Exmoor. Rumour has it that they will be running the marathon in the gold catsuits pictured alongside ! T
RACHEL Higgs and Kerry Whitefield of Golds Hair Salon in Barnstaple are running the London Marathon in April to raise funds for the Calvert Trust on Exmoor.
Rumour has it that they will be running the marathon in the gold catsuits pictured alongside !
The girls recently visited the Exmoor Centre and were impressed with the range of activities that are available for visitors there.
They have set themselves an ambitious target of �10,000 to raise. The funds would be used to purchase much needed equipment and provide bursaries for disabled people.
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to sponsor the girls, they will soon have their own webpage on Virgin Money Giving or you can visit them in the salon or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Calvert Trust Exmoor is an outdoor activity centre predominantly for people with disabilities. Its specially adapted facilities aim to challenge disability through outdoor adventure and enable people of all ages and with all types of disability to benefit.
- 1 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 2 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 3 Link centre consultation 'absolute nonsense' say campaigners
- 4 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 5 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 6 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 7 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 8 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 9 Appeal goes out to patients as Devon's health service buckle under pressure
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality