Barnstaple golden girls
RACHEL Higgs and Kerry Whitefield of Golds Hair Salon in Barnstaple are running the London Marathon in April to raise funds for the Calvert Trust on Exmoor. Rumour has it that they will be running the marathon in the gold catsuits pictured alongside ! T
RACHEL Higgs and Kerry Whitefield of Golds Hair Salon in Barnstaple are running the London Marathon in April to raise funds for the Calvert Trust on Exmoor.
Rumour has it that they will be running the marathon in the gold catsuits pictured alongside !
The girls recently visited the Exmoor Centre and were impressed with the range of activities that are available for visitors there.
They have set themselves an ambitious target of �10,000 to raise. The funds would be used to purchase much needed equipment and provide bursaries for disabled people.
You may also want to watch:
If you would like to sponsor the girls, they will soon have their own webpage on Virgin Money Giving or you can visit them in the salon or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Calvert Trust Exmoor is an outdoor activity centre predominantly for people with disabilities. Its specially adapted facilities aim to challenge disability through outdoor adventure and enable people of all ages and with all types of disability to benefit.
- 1 Speeding driver facing jail after 'web of lies'
- 2 Covid-19 roundup: Devon cases fall but follow lockdown rules
- 3 Chivenor marines among UK troops hit by Norway Covid outbreak
- 4 Busy first day for new Covid-19 vaccination centre at Westward Ho!
- 5 Judge jails 'worst' drink driver he has ever seen
- 6 Work begins on Northam Burrows Visitor Centre refurbishment
- 7 Pictures: North Devon's winter wonderland
- 8 Tributes paid to 'legendary' North Devon vet Brian Crawford
- 9 Two arrested as teenager fights for life after Ilfracombe stabbing
- 10 Weather warning of snow and ice for Devon this weekend