Barnstaple girl in the frame for catwalk dream
CRYSTAL FEATHERSTONE from Barnstaple is one step closer to winning a top modelling contract after being picked from hundreds of hopefuls to become a regional finalist in the Spectacle Wearer of the Year 2011 competition.
The 19-year-old McDonald’s worker will join 12 specs-wearing style setters from across the South West at the regional final, to be held at Specsavers in Plymouth on Friday.
Crystal said: “I’ve worn my glasses since I was 12 and I’ve always felt comfortable and confident in them. Specs come in all shapes, styles and colours these days, so it’s easy to find something that helps to create your own look. Glasses are the perfect accessory to match your outfit or even your mood.
“I am so excited about getting through to the regional final. When I entered the competition it was a real spur-of-the-moment thing and I never imagined winning. I would be really proud to represent the South West at the final.”
If successful, Crystal could find herself strutting down the catwalk at the star-studded grand final at the Boiler House venue in London’s iconic Battersea Power Station in November.
You may also want to watch:
Specsavers’ style ambassador Gok Wan will present the awards, with contestants being judged by a panel of industry experts.
Ten regional winners will earn a place on the catwalk at the awards final and the overall winner will receive a one year modelling contract, plus a two week all-inclusive holiday for two in Barbados or St Lucia, with �250 worth of spending money.
- 1 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 2 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer denies killing widow Carol Hart
- 4 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 5 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 6 New ‘inside-out’ art gallery coming to Ilfracombe
- 7 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 8 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Tesco launches ‘Buy One to Help A Child’ in North Devon
The winner will also bag a makeover with TV celebrity hairdresser Andrew Barton, a year’s supply of skincare products from Simple, a �150 Specsavers eyecare voucher and the Spectacle Wearer of the Year 2011 trophy.
To nominate your favourite celebrity specs-wearer and be in with the chance of winning tickets to the grand final and meeting celebrities, including Gok Wan, log on to www.specsavers.co.uk/competition.
Specsavers has already raised nearly �5,000 by donating �1 for every eligible entry received in this year’s competition to anti-bullying charity Kidscape.
To find out more about Kidscape or to make a donation, log on to www.kidscape.org.uk or call 020 7730 3300.