Barnstaple football event will have star attraction
Bristol Rovers man to present prizes at charity fun day
BRISTOL Rovers footballer Gary Sawyer will be making a special appearance at a football fun day being organised in Barnstaple to raise money for charity.
League One star Gary – who grew up in Bideford and began playing football with Bideford Blues before going on to enjoy successful spells at Plymouth Argyle, Bristol City and Exeter City – will be handing out prizes and awards to youngsters at the event on Sunday, March 20.
A five-a-side tournament for eight-to-10-year-olds will be the main event of the day taking place on the Park Community School all-weather pitch. Other activities will include a raffle and prize penalty shoot out for all the family.
The day is being organised by events management students from Petroc to promote racial awareness, showcase local talent and raise money for Amigos and GOAL, charities that help to improve the lives of the poorest people in Uganda and Gambia.
Organisers will be contacting local primary schools for entries in the next couple of weeks and are appealing for any help, volunteers or raffle prize donations from the local community.
For more information contact either Sophie or Nicola on 07977485408 or 07891243235 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- 1 MP Selaine backs plans for boost to workers' pensions
- 2 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 3 Superb win on the road sets 2022 tone for Bideford
- 4 Rishi's thumbs up to £60m investment and 200 new jobs
- 5 Small steps of hope for Bideford and Barnstaple
- 6 Store giants say Merry Christmas 9,000 times over
- 7 OPINION: The North Devon Hospice has come so far
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 ‘What a Beautiful Noise' takes to Queens stage
- 10 Young Jack strides out again for charity