Barnstaple food festival takes it to the streets
- Credit: Archant
Plenty of tasty treats on the go during town’s street food expo.
BARNSTAPLE is hosting a food festival with a difference next month.
The town’s pannier market will be serving up tasty treats on the go during the ‘strEAT Food Barnstaple’ event on Sunday, August 25.
The festival will feature more than a dozen different mobile food vendors selling everything from classic burgers, hot dogs and hog roasts to Mexican, barbecue, Caribbean and Indian food.
Those with a sweet tooth will be catered for too, with ice cream and milkshakes on offer.
You may also want to watch:
StrEAT will also feature bars from Lilico’s, Shintori and Barum Brewery, with live music, street artists and performers helping to provide a party atmosphere.
Organiser Matt Spencer, owner of Barnstaple’s Custom House, said the event was the perfect way to acknowledge the growing popularity of street food in the area.
- 1 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 2 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 3 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 4 Street food traders revealed for South Molton Food and Drink Festival
- 5 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 6 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 7 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 8 Celebrating 15 years of North Devon charity Families in Grief
- 9 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 10 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
“There’s so many brilliant local producers out and about around North Devon at any one time, it just seemed logical to bring them all together,” he said.
“We want strEAT to have a real festival vibe. We often hear there isn’t much to do in Barnstaple, so we wanted to provide an event that everyone could come and enjoy, from families who want something fun to do, people who want to try some different food or just anyone looking to have a good time.”
The event will take place in the pannier market from 12pm – 10pm.