Barnstaple food festival takes it to the streets
- Credit: Archant
Plenty of tasty treats on the go during town’s street food expo.
BARNSTAPLE is hosting a food festival with a difference next month.
The town’s pannier market will be serving up tasty treats on the go during the ‘strEAT Food Barnstaple’ event on Sunday, August 25.
The festival will feature more than a dozen different mobile food vendors selling everything from classic burgers, hot dogs and hog roasts to Mexican, barbecue, Caribbean and Indian food.
Those with a sweet tooth will be catered for too, with ice cream and milkshakes on offer.
You may also want to watch:
StrEAT will also feature bars from Lilico’s, Shintori and Barum Brewery, with live music, street artists and performers helping to provide a party atmosphere.
Organiser Matt Spencer, owner of Barnstaple’s Custom House, said the event was the perfect way to acknowledge the growing popularity of street food in the area.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 8 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 9 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
“There’s so many brilliant local producers out and about around North Devon at any one time, it just seemed logical to bring them all together,” he said.
“We want strEAT to have a real festival vibe. We often hear there isn’t much to do in Barnstaple, so we wanted to provide an event that everyone could come and enjoy, from families who want something fun to do, people who want to try some different food or just anyone looking to have a good time.”
The event will take place in the pannier market from 12pm – 10pm.