Barnstaple food festival takes it to the streets
- Credit: Archant
Plenty of tasty treats on the go during town’s street food expo.
BARNSTAPLE is hosting a food festival with a difference next month.
The town’s pannier market will be serving up tasty treats on the go during the ‘strEAT Food Barnstaple’ event on Sunday, August 25.
The festival will feature more than a dozen different mobile food vendors selling everything from classic burgers, hot dogs and hog roasts to Mexican, barbecue, Caribbean and Indian food.
Those with a sweet tooth will be catered for too, with ice cream and milkshakes on offer.
You may also want to watch:
StrEAT will also feature bars from Lilico’s, Shintori and Barum Brewery, with live music, street artists and performers helping to provide a party atmosphere.
Organiser Matt Spencer, owner of Barnstaple’s Custom House, said the event was the perfect way to acknowledge the growing popularity of street food in the area.
- 1 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 2 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 6 Fangtastic half-term Halloween fun at Yeo Valley Woodland
- 7 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 8 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 9 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
- 10 Meet former Children's Laureate Michael Morpurgo in Barnstaple
“There’s so many brilliant local producers out and about around North Devon at any one time, it just seemed logical to bring them all together,” he said.
“We want strEAT to have a real festival vibe. We often hear there isn’t much to do in Barnstaple, so we wanted to provide an event that everyone could come and enjoy, from families who want something fun to do, people who want to try some different food or just anyone looking to have a good time.”
The event will take place in the pannier market from 12pm – 10pm.