Barnstaple firm wins �14m MoD contract
BARNSTAPLE-based J+S Ltd has been awarded a �14 million contract by the UK Ministry of Defence that will provide work for the next 10 years. The contract is for the in-service support of a range of sonar equipment and will run until the end of March 2019.
BARNSTAPLE-based J+S Ltd has been awarded a �14 million contract by the UK Ministry of Defence that will provide work for the next 10 years.
The contract is for the in-service support of a range of sonar equipment and will run until the end of March 2019.
J+S will provide support to a range of Naval assets, including intercept sonars, echo sounders, underwater telephones, oceanography sensors and hull vibration monitoring equipment.
The company will also undertake all responsibility for the availability and maintenance of the equipment under contract.
You may also want to watch:
David Jeffries, managing director of J+S, said: "The award of this contract is a major success for the business. We have provided equipment support services for the miscellaneous sonars for a number of years and we are now ready to rise to the challenge of providing the support under a new contract, with the company taking asset management responsibility. The award of this contract secures our presence in the UK naval support market for the foreseeable future."
A spokesman for the MOD's Underwater Warfare Systems team (UWS) said: "I am delighted to announce that J+S has been awarded this contract, won in competition, and will provide asset management services for the miscellaneous sonar equipments. The UWS team has a long relationship with J+S and we look forward to it continuing on this new footing".
- 1 Northam Murder: Accused carer told police he 'loved her to bits'
- 2 PICTURES: Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall visit The Burton at Bideford
- 3 Jewellery and cash stolen in Barnstaple burglary
- 4 Rosemoor transforms into Wonderland for the summer holidays
- 5 PICTURES: Duchess of Cornwall visits Little Bridge House in Fremington
- 6 Bideford man dies after Link Road crash near South Molton
- 7 Britain’s most influential artists exhibit at The Burton at Bideford
- 8 'Spot The Oddity' in Bideford for your chance to win £100
- 9 £100K funding to Torridge towns to support recovery post Covid-19
- 10 Braunton Caen Rotary welcomes their youngest ever club president
J+S Ltd operates from sites in Barnstaple and Aberdeen, employing 120 people on a range of engineering and production activities, primarily in naval support and sub-sea asset management for the North Sea oil and gas exploration markets. The company has recently also entered the wave and tidal sectors of the Marine Renewable Energy market.