Barnstaple firm wins �14m MoD contract
BARNSTAPLE-based J+S Ltd has been awarded a �14 million contract by the UK Ministry of Defence that will provide work for the next 10 years. The contract is for the in-service support of a range of sonar equipment and will run until the end of March 2019.
BARNSTAPLE-based J+S Ltd has been awarded a �14 million contract by the UK Ministry of Defence that will provide work for the next 10 years.
The contract is for the in-service support of a range of sonar equipment and will run until the end of March 2019.
J+S will provide support to a range of Naval assets, including intercept sonars, echo sounders, underwater telephones, oceanography sensors and hull vibration monitoring equipment.
The company will also undertake all responsibility for the availability and maintenance of the equipment under contract.
David Jeffries, managing director of J+S, said: "The award of this contract is a major success for the business. We have provided equipment support services for the miscellaneous sonars for a number of years and we are now ready to rise to the challenge of providing the support under a new contract, with the company taking asset management responsibility. The award of this contract secures our presence in the UK naval support market for the foreseeable future."
A spokesman for the MOD's Underwater Warfare Systems team (UWS) said: "I am delighted to announce that J+S has been awarded this contract, won in competition, and will provide asset management services for the miscellaneous sonar equipments. The UWS team has a long relationship with J+S and we look forward to it continuing on this new footing".
- 1 Unique seaside wedding venue to put £1m into Combe Martin economy
- 2 160 traders at this year's Christmas Market in Braunton
- 3 Holsworthy link mental health centre looks set to close permanently
- 4 Council forms group to tackle North Devon housing crisis
- 5 New recycled plastic tables installed at Victoria Park
- 6 Bideford Christmas Light Switch On dates announced
- 7 Loud music man fined after breaching official order
- 8 RGB's North Devon branches helping others this Christmas
- 9 Heddon Valley crowned top of winter walks table
- 10 North Devon MP encourages community to go 'one step greener'
J+S Ltd operates from sites in Barnstaple and Aberdeen, employing 120 people on a range of engineering and production activities, primarily in naval support and sub-sea asset management for the North Sea oil and gas exploration markets. The company has recently also entered the wave and tidal sectors of the Marine Renewable Energy market.