Barnstaple firm looks east
BARNSTAPLE-based engineering firm J+S is looking east, having recently exhibited at two major exhibitions in the Far East.
The company, which specialises in sub-sea engineering solutions and provides for military needs, civil maritime markets and the offshore energy business, sent its defence team to display its products at IMDEX, a major show and conference held annually in Singapore.
This was followed by its oil and gas team travelling to Kuala Lumpur to exhibit at the Oil & Gas Asia show.
At IMDEX there was considerable interest in the company’s innovative Low Profile Array developments of acoustic and other sensors and as a result the J+S team has returned home with a number of leads to follow up in the Asia Pacific region.
The Oil & Gas Asia show was the first foray into oil and gas marketing in the region for J+S and the company said it has generated considerable interest from both sub-sea engineering companies and oil and gas producers in the region.
You may also want to watch:
Managing director David Jeffries said: “We are well aware of the need to develop our export market potential in a managed and structured way. I have long been enthusiastic about opportunities in the Far East for J+S and the response we have received from exhibiting at these two shows has strengthened my resolve to enter the Far East markets with both our defence and oil and gas businesses.”
- 1 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 2 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 3 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 4 Northam Murder: Grieving family condemn killer's lies and cruelty
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 7 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 8 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 9 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 10 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington