Barnstaple firm looks east
BARNSTAPLE-based engineering firm J+S is looking east, having recently exhibited at two major exhibitions in the Far East.
The company, which specialises in sub-sea engineering solutions and provides for military needs, civil maritime markets and the offshore energy business, sent its defence team to display its products at IMDEX, a major show and conference held annually in Singapore.
This was followed by its oil and gas team travelling to Kuala Lumpur to exhibit at the Oil & Gas Asia show.
At IMDEX there was considerable interest in the company’s innovative Low Profile Array developments of acoustic and other sensors and as a result the J+S team has returned home with a number of leads to follow up in the Asia Pacific region.
The Oil & Gas Asia show was the first foray into oil and gas marketing in the region for J+S and the company said it has generated considerable interest from both sub-sea engineering companies and oil and gas producers in the region.
You may also want to watch:
Managing director David Jeffries said: “We are well aware of the need to develop our export market potential in a managed and structured way. I have long been enthusiastic about opportunities in the Far East for J+S and the response we have received from exhibiting at these two shows has strengthened my resolve to enter the Far East markets with both our defence and oil and gas businesses.”
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 7 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack