Barnstaple fireworks display postponed due to weather warnings
- Credit: Kelvin Parsons, Platinum Images,
Rugby club show will take place on November 10 following Met Office advice.
ORGANISERS of Barnstaple’s annual firework display say they have been forced to postpone this Sunday’s event due to the forecast of bad weather.
The event at the rugby club was set to take place on Sunday but will now be held on Sunday, November 10.
A Barnstaple Round Table spokesperson said: “Due to the weather and warnings issued from the Met Office we have decided to postpone this year’s event.”
North Devon is expected to be lashed by heavy rain and strong winds this weekend due to a low pressure system currently developing over the Atlantic Ocean.
A yellow weather warning for rain has been issued from midday today (Friday) until 6am on Saturday, with heavy rain expected.
You may also want to watch:
A further warning is in place from 6pm on Sunday until 12noon on Monday.
The re-scheduled firework display will start at 7pm on November 10.
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
- 10 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
Gates at Mill Road will open at 6pm and organisers promise a spectacular show, with music, novelty sales, fast food, licensed bar and warming hot drinks.
Reduced priced advanced ticket can be bought online at www.barnstapleroundtable.co.uk. Adults are £4, children (five-16 years) are £3 and family tickets (2 adults and 2 children) cost £12.