Barnstaple fireworks display postponed due to weather warnings
- Credit: Kelvin Parsons, Platinum Images,
Rugby club show will take place on November 10 following Met Office advice.
ORGANISERS of Barnstaple’s annual firework display say they have been forced to postpone this Sunday’s event due to the forecast of bad weather.
The event at the rugby club was set to take place on Sunday but will now be held on Sunday, November 10.
A Barnstaple Round Table spokesperson said: “Due to the weather and warnings issued from the Met Office we have decided to postpone this year’s event.”
North Devon is expected to be lashed by heavy rain and strong winds this weekend due to a low pressure system currently developing over the Atlantic Ocean.
A yellow weather warning for rain has been issued from midday today (Friday) until 6am on Saturday, with heavy rain expected.
You may also want to watch:
A further warning is in place from 6pm on Sunday until 12noon on Monday.
The re-scheduled firework display will start at 7pm on November 10.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 3 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 4 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 5 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 6 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 7 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
- 10 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
Gates at Mill Road will open at 6pm and organisers promise a spectacular show, with music, novelty sales, fast food, licensed bar and warming hot drinks.
Reduced priced advanced ticket can be bought online at www.barnstapleroundtable.co.uk. Adults are £4, children (five-16 years) are £3 and family tickets (2 adults and 2 children) cost £12.