Barnstaple firefighters called to bedroom blaze

Gorwell house fire sparks alarm

FIREFIGHTERS in Barnstaple were called following reports of a house fire in the town earlier today (Thursday).

A small fire in a first floor bedroom of the home in Gorwell Road was already out on arrival and required an inspection only.

The cause of the fire was accidental.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter