Barnstaple event for people with learning difficulties
PEOPLE with learning disabilities, and their families and friends, are being invited to a series of information days, hosted by Devon County Council during Learning Disability Week. The free events will focus on safety in the community and the support th
PEOPLE with learning disabilities, and their families and friends, are being invited to a series of information days, hosted by Devon County Council during Learning Disability Week.
The free events will focus on safety in the community and the support that is available for people with learning disabilities. One of them is taking place at the Barnstaple Hotel, Barnstaple, from 10am to 3pm on Wednesday, June 24.
A range of services that support people with learning disabilities will be represented at each event, so visitors can find out what support there is available locally.
Devon County Council's services will be represented, with information about accommodation and support; employment training and training to equip people with independent life skills.
You may also want to watch:
Free transportation to the event is available but limited, and is for people with learning disabilities and their carers if transportation otherwise is difficult.
To arrange transport, people should ring (01271) 340922.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 3 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 4 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 5 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 6 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue
- 7 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 8 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 9 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 10 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage