Barnstaple event for people with learning difficulties
PEOPLE with learning disabilities, and their families and friends, are being invited to a series of information days, hosted by Devon County Council during Learning Disability Week. The free events will focus on safety in the community and the support th
PEOPLE with learning disabilities, and their families and friends, are being invited to a series of information days, hosted by Devon County Council during Learning Disability Week.
The free events will focus on safety in the community and the support that is available for people with learning disabilities. One of them is taking place at the Barnstaple Hotel, Barnstaple, from 10am to 3pm on Wednesday, June 24.
A range of services that support people with learning disabilities will be represented at each event, so visitors can find out what support there is available locally.
Devon County Council's services will be represented, with information about accommodation and support; employment training and training to equip people with independent life skills.
You may also want to watch:
Free transportation to the event is available but limited, and is for people with learning disabilities and their carers if transportation otherwise is difficult.
To arrange transport, people should ring (01271) 340922.
- 1 Devon's Tiki surf brand is up for sale
- 2 Northam murder suspect remanded in custody
- 3 Council and police step up Covid enforcement in North Devon
- 4 Man charged with murder of Northam pensioner
- 5 Three more Covid deaths at North Devon District Hospital but cases are falling
- 6 Camp out fundraiser Max receives gift from fallen soldier's family
- 7 Times Past: Bodysnatching in the centre of Barnstaple
- 8 Developer 'lost for words' as town council rejects £20m Bideford wharf plans
- 9 Terrified shoppers fled Devon city centre attack
- 10 Murder enquiry launched at Northam after death of elderly woman