Barnstaple event for people with learning difficulties
PEOPLE with learning disabilities, and their families and friends, are being invited to a series of information days, hosted by Devon County Council during Learning Disability Week. The free events will focus on safety in the community and the support th
PEOPLE with learning disabilities, and their families and friends, are being invited to a series of information days, hosted by Devon County Council during Learning Disability Week.
The free events will focus on safety in the community and the support that is available for people with learning disabilities. One of them is taking place at the Barnstaple Hotel, Barnstaple, from 10am to 3pm on Wednesday, June 24.
A range of services that support people with learning disabilities will be represented at each event, so visitors can find out what support there is available locally.
Devon County Council's services will be represented, with information about accommodation and support; employment training and training to equip people with independent life skills.
You may also want to watch:
Free transportation to the event is available but limited, and is for people with learning disabilities and their carers if transportation otherwise is difficult.
To arrange transport, people should ring (01271) 340922.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 9 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
- 10 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing