Barnstaple double murder update: Man arrested
POLICE have arrested 40-year-old Neil Langmead on suspicion of the murders of Barnstaple women Deborah Jones and Donna St John. He remains at North Devon District Hospital under police guard and detectives say they will interview him as soon as doctors ad
POLICE have arrested 40-year-old Neil Langmead on suspicion of the murders of Barnstaple women Deborah Jones and Donna St John.
He remains at North Devon District Hospital under police guard and detectives say they will interview him as soon as doctors advise that he is well enough.
The bodies of 35-year-old friends Deborah and Donna were discovered following a house fire at Fort Mead Close in Barnstaple at 9am Sunday, August 22.
They were last seen out in the town on the previous Saturday night and returned to Debbie's rented home at between 2-3am on the Sunday morning, accompanied by a man.
You may also want to watch:
Extra police officers were out in the town centre on Saturday seeking potential witnesses to the final movements of the pair, particularly from evening revellers.
"I am very pleased with the assistance and information we have had from the local community in relation to this tragic incident, and to the additional response following the deployment of local officers in and around the Town centre on Saturday night," said Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Inspector Mike West.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 4 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 5 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 6 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 7 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 8 Appledore RNLI's Matt Rowe passes out as lifeboat mechanic
- 9 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 10 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
Tributes continue to pour in on Facebook for the two Barnstaple mums. Police said they continued to work with the families of both Deborah and Donna and provide support from dedicated family liaison officers.