Barnstaple double murder update: Man arrested
POLICE have arrested 40-year-old Neil Langmead on suspicion of the murders of Barnstaple women Deborah Jones and Donna St John. He remains at North Devon District Hospital under police guard and detectives say they will interview him as soon as doctors ad
POLICE have arrested 40-year-old Neil Langmead on suspicion of the murders of Barnstaple women Deborah Jones and Donna St John.
He remains at North Devon District Hospital under police guard and detectives say they will interview him as soon as doctors advise that he is well enough.
The bodies of 35-year-old friends Deborah and Donna were discovered following a house fire at Fort Mead Close in Barnstaple at 9am Sunday, August 22.
They were last seen out in the town on the previous Saturday night and returned to Debbie's rented home at between 2-3am on the Sunday morning, accompanied by a man.
You may also want to watch:
Extra police officers were out in the town centre on Saturday seeking potential witnesses to the final movements of the pair, particularly from evening revellers.
"I am very pleased with the assistance and information we have had from the local community in relation to this tragic incident, and to the additional response following the deployment of local officers in and around the Town centre on Saturday night," said Senior Investigating Officer, Detective Inspector Mike West.
- 1 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 2 Vandalism at Bideford's Brunswick Wharf development condemned
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 North Devon architectural practice appoints new director
- 5 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 6 New app 'Dscvr' promoting North Devon town centres set to launch
- 7 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 8 Bid for £34 million to improve Devon's bus services submitted
- 9 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 10 Legg Power in ChemoHero fundraising
Tributes continue to pour in on Facebook for the two Barnstaple mums. Police said they continued to work with the families of both Deborah and Donna and provide support from dedicated family liaison officers.