Barnstaple couple win a star-studded wedding
BARNSTAPLE couple Shirley Barton and Luke Parkhouse are getting married in style in October – at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham. They and another couple have won a national competition to tie the knot at the National Wedding Show. The
BARNSTAPLE couple Shirley Barton and Luke Parkhouse are getting married in style in October - at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham.
They and another couple have won a national competition to tie the knot at the National Wedding Show. The other couple, from Solihull, will marry at the show when it visits Earls Court in London.
Shirley, 20, and 23-year-old Luke are looking forward to their big day on October 10.
They will have a star-studded wedding with TV favourites Jackie and Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen introducing the wedding blessing live on the catwalk, surrounded by the bride and groom's friends and family.
You may also want to watch:
The bride will look picture perfect thanks to fashion guru Caryn Franklin - best known for the BBC's Clothes Show, and her team of celebrity experts who will be styling the bride in a dream wedding dress courtesy of a top UK designer.
Awaiting her, a gorgeous groom in a dapper suit will be ready to knock her off her feet! Every aspect of the wedding is catered for courtesy of the National Wedding Show from the wedding rings and cake to flowers and photography.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 5 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 6 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 7 Mission: Unbreakable back with a bang for 2021
- 8 Council leader calls Government 'incompetent' and warns of 'winter of discontent'
- 9 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 10 North Devon taxi company appeals for help with driver shortage
And the prize just gets better, with a private wedding reception and dream honeymoon to follow courtesy of Beachcomber Resorts,
Shirley and Luke were childhood sweethearts and met when Shirley was 15 and Luke 18. It was love at first sight and when Shirley became pregnant a year later they knew that they would be together for ever. The couple first got engaged four years ago but plans were put on hold when Shirley became pregnant for the second time with Blake, a beautiful little brother for Sinead.
The plans finally got back on track but were again thwarted as Shirley's mother and family emigrated to Malta where they are originally from.
Times were hard for the couple but they are now stronger than ever and so excited to have won this wedding.
Shirley said: "I am absolutely ecstatic and totally overwhelmed, I wasn't expecting to win and nothing else could be any better."
The National Wedding Show takes place at Earls Court from October 2-4 and at the NEC from October 9-11.