Barnstaple couple win a star-studded wedding
BARNSTAPLE couple Shirley Barton and Luke Parkhouse are getting married in style in October – at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham. They and another couple have won a national competition to tie the knot at the National Wedding Show. The
BARNSTAPLE couple Shirley Barton and Luke Parkhouse are getting married in style in October - at the National Exhibition Centre in Birmingham.
They and another couple have won a national competition to tie the knot at the National Wedding Show. The other couple, from Solihull, will marry at the show when it visits Earls Court in London.
Shirley, 20, and 23-year-old Luke are looking forward to their big day on October 10.
They will have a star-studded wedding with TV favourites Jackie and Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen introducing the wedding blessing live on the catwalk, surrounded by the bride and groom's friends and family.
You may also want to watch:
The bride will look picture perfect thanks to fashion guru Caryn Franklin - best known for the BBC's Clothes Show, and her team of celebrity experts who will be styling the bride in a dream wedding dress courtesy of a top UK designer.
Awaiting her, a gorgeous groom in a dapper suit will be ready to knock her off her feet! Every aspect of the wedding is catered for courtesy of the National Wedding Show from the wedding rings and cake to flowers and photography.
- 1 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 2 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 3 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 4 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 5 Northam Murder: Judge tells jury to put aside emotion
- 6 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 7 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 8 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 9 Lockdown breaker caught dealing cannabis in Barnstaple
- 10 Atlantic Academy receives breakfast boost from Kellogg’s
And the prize just gets better, with a private wedding reception and dream honeymoon to follow courtesy of Beachcomber Resorts,
Shirley and Luke were childhood sweethearts and met when Shirley was 15 and Luke 18. It was love at first sight and when Shirley became pregnant a year later they knew that they would be together for ever. The couple first got engaged four years ago but plans were put on hold when Shirley became pregnant for the second time with Blake, a beautiful little brother for Sinead.
The plans finally got back on track but were again thwarted as Shirley's mother and family emigrated to Malta where they are originally from.
Times were hard for the couple but they are now stronger than ever and so excited to have won this wedding.
Shirley said: "I am absolutely ecstatic and totally overwhelmed, I wasn't expecting to win and nothing else could be any better."
The National Wedding Show takes place at Earls Court from October 2-4 and at the NEC from October 9-11.