Barnstaple concert to remember fallen heroes
NORTH Devon will remember its fallen heroes at a special concert next month. The 15th North Devon Festival of Remembrance Concert will to pay tribute to those who fought and died during both World Wars and other more recent and ongoing conflicts including
NORTH Devon will remember its fallen heroes at a special concert next month.
The 15th North Devon Festival of Remembrance Concert will to pay tribute to those who fought and died during both World Wars and other more recent and ongoing conflicts including Afghanistan.
The concert, taking place at the Queen's Theatre in Barnstaple on Sunday, November 1, will be presented by BBC Radio Devon's John Coates, with the remembrance service to be conducted by the Bishop of Crediton, the Rt Reverend Robert Evens.
It will feature North Devon Pipes and Drums, the Barnstaple Youth Marching Band, the Barnstaple Ladies Choir, and the Regimental Band of the Light Cavalry, based in Bovington, Dorset.
You may also want to watch:
The score will include memorable classics such as, Semper Fidelis, Amazing Grace, Highland Cathedral, Rule Britannia, and Pomp and Circumstance No 1.
The event is being held in aid of the Royal British Legion Poppy Appeal, and the Army Benevolent Fund, the Army's National Charity which currently distributes more than �450,000 in Devon to serving and former-serving personnel and their families when in need. It is expected that this amount will increase substantially in the forthcoming years as a direct result of the country's recent military involvement in Iraq, and current operations in Afghanistan.
- 1 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 2 South Molton pub attacker must pay compensation after kicking customer in head
- 3 Northam murder suspect accused of telling a 'litany of lies' about killing
- 4 £60,000 street marshal investment to make North Devon safer
- 5 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe
- 6 Plan for 173 homes on Torrington Creamery site approved despite no affordable homes
- 7 Crash and assault in Ilfracombe - Police appeal
- 8 Six people injured in serious crash on A39 near Barnstaple - Police appeal
- 9 Changes to reporting planning breaches in North Devon
- 10 Busy thirteen days for Appledore RNLI
Tickets are priced �12 and �11 and are available from the theatre box office on (01271) 324242.
Further information is available online at www.northdevonremembers.dsl.pipex.com