Barnstaple coffee shop gives hospice a boost
THE click-clack of knitting needles rang louder than the clatter of coffee cups in Barnstaple caf� last week. Knitters from the Sip n Stitch club at the Boston Tea Party joined groups across the region taking part in the Great North Devon Knit-In in aid
THE click-clack of knitting needles rang louder than the clatter of coffee cups in Barnstaple caf� last week.
Knitters from the Sip 'n' Stitch club at the Boston Tea Party joined groups across the region taking part in the Great North Devon Knit-In in aid of North Devon Hospice.
The seasonal event, now in its 14th year, has raised �165,000 for the hospice over the years - and with 73 groups taking part up until this Sunday, organisers are hoping to knit a few more rows on last year's fund-raising total.
Hospice community fund-raiser Gerard Fawcitt said: "Knitting season is truly underway and there are events taking part in every hamlet, village and town across North Devon.
You may also want to watch:
"The Great North Devon Knit-In is a very important fund-raiser for the hospice. We have a number of new groups taking part this year and we are very grateful to Sip 'n' Stitch and all the other groups taking part.
"We are urging all knitting groups taking part to each and every knitting individual to raise as much sponsorship as possible.
- 1 County Council Elections: Candidates for Torridge
- 2 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 3 County Council Elections: Candidates for North Devon
- 4 12 countries announced on travel green list from May 17
- 5 Police appeal after Barnstaple brawl
- 6 Dog Restrictions come into force on Westward Ho! Beach
- 7 North Devon seconds look to bounce back from heavy defeat
- 8 Bideford paramedic compensated after winning victimisation claim
- 9 Shocked Barnstaple burglary victim watched raid on phone
- 10 Devon County Council Elections: Candidate lists for North Devon and Torridge