Barnstaple charity supported by British Airways
A BARNSTAPLE charity has been named as one of British Airways’ chosen charities for 2012.
Amigos Worldwide, who work to support vulnerable young people in Uganda, is one of the airline company’s 40 chosen charities this year.
Director Phil Pugsley was delighted that the charity had the support of BA for the fifth year in a row.
He said: “When a member of staff in Uganda passed away earlier this month they were brilliant, and had me on a flight out there by 5pm that day.”
Amigos will receive a certain number of free flights to Uganda over the year, which will help the charity to cut costs and engage with their projects.
You may also want to watch:
British Airways supported 120 chosen charities last year, but have cut the number they support down to 40 this year.
- 1 Aldi plans for three new stores in North Devon
- 2 MISSING: Police search for Peter Hughes from Combe Martin area
- 3 'Kinky Boots' coming to Barnstaple's Queen's Theatre
- 4 North Devon charity organises Routes of Remembrance
- 5 Developer sponsors Shammy FC youth teams
- 6 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 7 North Devon Healthcare trust scores high in patient survey
- 8 Firework display set to return to Barnstaple Rugby Club for 2021
- 9 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 10 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs