Barnstaple charity supported by British Airways
A BARNSTAPLE charity has been named as one of British Airways’ chosen charities for 2012.
Amigos Worldwide, who work to support vulnerable young people in Uganda, is one of the airline company’s 40 chosen charities this year.
Director Phil Pugsley was delighted that the charity had the support of BA for the fifth year in a row.
He said: “When a member of staff in Uganda passed away earlier this month they were brilliant, and had me on a flight out there by 5pm that day.”
Amigos will receive a certain number of free flights to Uganda over the year, which will help the charity to cut costs and engage with their projects.
You may also want to watch:
British Airways supported 120 chosen charities last year, but have cut the number they support down to 40 this year.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Holidaycottages.co.uk celebrates launch of new office in Braunton
- 5 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 6 Little Leo’s big challenge for Children’s Hospice South West
- 7 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 8 Boris Johnson - Time between Covid jabs cut in response to Indian variant
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council