Barnstaple charity shop ‘temporarily closed’
THE North Devon Animal Ambulance shop at Silver Street in Barnstaple has been temporarily closed, the charity has said.
On Thursday some of the shop volunteers were demonstrating outside the Silver Street premises and collecting signatures for a petition. Manager Christine Shepherd said they did not know why it had been closed on the previous Monday and staff asked to leave.
Volunteers and some passing customers all said they were shocked and upset by the closure.
But a statement since placed in the shop window says it has been temporarily closed “for re-organisation to bring the shop up to standards to health and safety and fire regulations.”
It added: “We apologise for any inconvenience caused and assure you it will be re-opened in the very near future. We shall also be looking for staff. If you are interested in helping to run the shop please call (01598) 740603 for details.”
You may also want to watch:
On behalf of the charity trustees Diana Lewis said they were grateful for the huge support given on behalf of the animals by the people of North Devon and hoped the public would continue to donate goods and their time. She said the shop would be re-opened in the next few weeks.
- 1 Northam Murder: 'Merciless' carer gets life for killing client who caught him stealing
- 2 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 3 Man dies after crash involving two lorries and a motorbike near Torrington
- 4 Council bids for Levelling Up funding for Ilfracombe
- 5 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 6 Northam Murder: Carer guilty of brutal murder of frail widow
- 7 Woman reportedly assaulted at Bideford park - Police seek witnesses
- 8 Huntsmen fined for digging badger sett near Chulmleigh
- 9 MP opens new Northam Burrows Visitor Centre at Westward Ho!
- 10 Evidence of damage found at Iron Age monument near Ilfracombe