Barnstaple charity shop ‘temporarily closed’
THE North Devon Animal Ambulance shop at Silver Street in Barnstaple has been temporarily closed, the charity has said.
On Thursday some of the shop volunteers were demonstrating outside the Silver Street premises and collecting signatures for a petition. Manager Christine Shepherd said they did not know why it had been closed on the previous Monday and staff asked to leave.
Volunteers and some passing customers all said they were shocked and upset by the closure.
But a statement since placed in the shop window says it has been temporarily closed “for re-organisation to bring the shop up to standards to health and safety and fire regulations.”
It added: “We apologise for any inconvenience caused and assure you it will be re-opened in the very near future. We shall also be looking for staff. If you are interested in helping to run the shop please call (01598) 740603 for details.”
On behalf of the charity trustees Diana Lewis said they were grateful for the huge support given on behalf of the animals by the people of North Devon and hoped the public would continue to donate goods and their time. She said the shop would be re-opened in the next few weeks.
- 1 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 2 Covid-19 ventilation advice for North Devon landlords
- 3 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 4 MP welcomes £75million boost to UK fishing industry
- 5 Specialist fire crews rescue horse trapped in ditch
- 6 Refresh your New Year’s wardrobe by donating unwanted clothes for a good cause
- 7 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 8 Man left with broken jaw and nose after Braunton assault
- 9 MP welcomes Sunak visit saying: 'More going on than just in Westminster bubble'
- 10 Businesses offered new cash aid in latest pandemic battle