Barnstaple charity shop ‘temporarily closed’
THE North Devon Animal Ambulance shop at Silver Street in Barnstaple has been temporarily closed, the charity has said.
On Thursday some of the shop volunteers were demonstrating outside the Silver Street premises and collecting signatures for a petition. Manager Christine Shepherd said they did not know why it had been closed on the previous Monday and staff asked to leave.
Volunteers and some passing customers all said they were shocked and upset by the closure.
But a statement since placed in the shop window says it has been temporarily closed “for re-organisation to bring the shop up to standards to health and safety and fire regulations.”
It added: “We apologise for any inconvenience caused and assure you it will be re-opened in the very near future. We shall also be looking for staff. If you are interested in helping to run the shop please call (01598) 740603 for details.”
You may also want to watch:
On behalf of the charity trustees Diana Lewis said they were grateful for the huge support given on behalf of the animals by the people of North Devon and hoped the public would continue to donate goods and their time. She said the shop would be re-opened in the next few weeks.
- 1 Volunteers come together to spruce up Barnstaple Train Station
- 2 New home grown manager for South Molton Swimming Pool
- 3 New council led leisure company Active Torridge appoints director
- 4 Homeless man jailed after attacking Barnstaple soldier in McDonald's
- 5 Murder investigation launched in Bideford after woman found dead
- 6 Appeal launched to raise £100,000 for new play equipment in Bideford
- 7 More than 530 nights in a tent - Max Woosey wins Young Hero Award
- 8 North Devon's Amy Riley takes her motorsports dream to next level
- 9 Equestrian star celebrates with sporting royalty
- 10 7 top tips to help you find the perfect wedding venue