Barnstaple charity shop ‘temporarily closed’
THE North Devon Animal Ambulance shop at Silver Street in Barnstaple has been temporarily closed, the charity has said.
On Thursday some of the shop volunteers were demonstrating outside the Silver Street premises and collecting signatures for a petition. Manager Christine Shepherd said they did not know why it had been closed on the previous Monday and staff asked to leave.
Volunteers and some passing customers all said they were shocked and upset by the closure.
But a statement since placed in the shop window says it has been temporarily closed “for re-organisation to bring the shop up to standards to health and safety and fire regulations.”
It added: “We apologise for any inconvenience caused and assure you it will be re-opened in the very near future. We shall also be looking for staff. If you are interested in helping to run the shop please call (01598) 740603 for details.”
You may also want to watch:
On behalf of the charity trustees Diana Lewis said they were grateful for the huge support given on behalf of the animals by the people of North Devon and hoped the public would continue to donate goods and their time. She said the shop would be re-opened in the next few weeks.
- 1 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 2 'ThINK it through before you tattoo' urges council
- 3 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 4 People in North Devon urged to take up the vaccine to help protect others
- 5 Alison Hernandez vows to get tough on crime as she retains PCC role
- 6 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
- 7 Conservatives maintain control of Devon County Council despite losses
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 Ton-up Brend helps Bideford set early pace
- 10 MP welcomes free virtual funding workshop for North Devon charities