Barnstaple charity appeals for volunteers
THE British Heart Foundation (BHF) is launching its new Hand on Heart campaign this month and North Devon MP Nick Harvey attended the volunteers open day at the Barnstaple BHF Shop lend his support. Manager Pam Petschelt said: Volunteers play a vital r
THE British Heart Foundation (BHF) is launching its new Hand on Heart campaign this month and North Devon MP Nick Harvey attended the volunteers' open day at the Barnstaple BHF Shop lend his support.
Manager Pam Petschelt said: "Volunteers play a vital role in the work of the BHF and their dedication helps save and improve the lives of those affected by heart disease.
"That's why this June we're asking you to put your hand on your heart and support the BHF by donating your time. You can volunteer any way you want to and we'd love to hear your ideas on how you want to help."
Mr Harvey said: "This is an excellent initiative. You only have to give the time you can afford - whether it's a regular day a week or a few hours a year - and you can get involved in any way you want."
You may also want to watch:
Ways that people can give the BHF a hand include, hosting BHF collection boxes, helping other BHF volunteers raise funds in your local area, volunteering in a BHF shop, promoting Heart Matters, helping at a BHF fundraising event and fundraising with family, friends or colleagues, ideas include putting on a coffee morning or sponsored walk
BHF Volunteer Manager Shoshana Goodman said: "The BHF would not be able to save lives through pioneering research or provide care for patients through our network of nurses and Heart HelpLine without the vital funds raised by our dedicated volunteers.
- 1 'Neglected' North Devon taxi firm challenged by councillors
- 2 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 3 Real ice rink coming to Barnstaple Christmas Village
- 4 £2.1m upgrade will provide space for 38 new North Devon jobs
- 5 Bideford's First Food and Drink Festival coming soon
- 6 People and businesses asked to join Barnstaple clean up
- 7 Devon health boss 'concerned' at low Covid booster uptake
- 8 Torrington woman rebuilds her life after devastating stroke
- 9 Cyclist left with ‘serious head injuries’ after incident in Bideford
- 10 Good news for Combe Martin’s water quality