Barnstaple cake sale for Help for Heroes
Cakes and ingredients welcomed to make forces charity fund raiser a big success.
THE call has gone out for battalions of biscuits and cohorts of cakes and chutneys to make the Help for Heroes Colossal Cake Sale in Barnstaple on Saturday a huge success.
It is being held at the Severn Brethren Tesco store and organised by the busy Cross family from Braunton, whose daughter Lydia is a patron of the charity and has raised thousands despite losing her legs to meningitis.
The event is being held alongside more than 100 nationwide and the family will be in the Tesco foyer from 9.30am until all the produce has been sold.
Mum Jodie said they would love to hear from businesses or individuals who could donate cakes, biscuits, chutneys or ingredients.
You may also want to watch:
Tesco through manager Steve Pugh has already agreed to donate cakes, while Lydia’s grandmother Cathy Evans will be hard at work baking her favourite chocolate cake.
“Grandma has promised to make lots, but we really need people to be very kind and make this a fantastic fund-raising event,” said Jodie.
- 1 North Devon's largest private employer needs workers to expand
- 2 'Controversial' plan to close mental health centres in North Devon
- 3 North Devon optometrist highlights 'ticking timebomb' vision crisis
- 4 820 homes approved for Landkey despite council concern
- 5 Holidaymaker jailed for attacking partner in Ilfracombe
- 6 New Archdeacon of Barnstaple begins her role at special service in Bideford
- 7 North Devon Emergency Department in top ten for patient experience
- 8 Tributes paid to North Devon librarian Ian Tansley
- 9 Man seriously injured at Appledore Quay - Witness Appeal
- 10 Northam man who searched for child pornography sent on treatment course
“The next day is Mother’s Day and what a lovely idea to buy your mum a cake. And to think about those who aren’t so fortunate and will not have their children with them on Mothering Sunday, or whose sons or daughters have been left injured.”
If you can help, call Jodie on 07795 250237 or deliver your home baked goods to the Seven Brethren Tesco foyer from 9am.