Barnstaple businesses show support for hospice
Children’s Hospice South West has as ever seen a strong show of support from local companies as it starts a new year.
BUSINESS people have been racking their brains – literally - to find ways of helping Children’s Hospice South West.
The 2012 Barnstaple Business Quiz Competition is now under way, with the first instalment held at the Bank, which raised around �465 for the hospice and saw – fittingly – Barclays and Petroc tying for first place.
Companies are very welcome to enter a team in one or all of the five remaining quizzes being held at restaurants in the town throughout the year.
The next one is on Thursday, March 1 at the Cedars in Bickington and is being sponsored by Barclays. It costs �20 per head, including a three course meal and drink on arrival.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the overall winner was Govers of Joy Street, but there is still plenty of time for anyone to take the title. To enter a team contact Steve Warner on 07557 875175.
Another local business supporting the hospice is Banburys, which has just donated a full set of quality cutlery and serving dishes after approaching the hospice to ask what was most needed.
- 1 Jealous Barnstaple boyfriend made divorcee get rid of wedding dress
- 2 North Devon business signs up to 1 billion tree project
- 3 The Plough announces Open-Air Theatre Festival
- 4 Bungling Northam burglar facing jail
- 5 Why it‘s important to shop local in North Devon post-lockdown
- 6 Criminal damage at Fremington Football Club - Police appeal
- 7 MP nominates North Devon champions for Levelling Up Awards
- 8 Small-time drug dealer 'caught red-handed'
- 9 North Devon sign West Indian pace bowler
- 10 Ilfracombe man, 64, must pay compensation for baseball bat attack
“These are wonderful gifts and something we really needed at Little Bridge House,” said David Butt, corporate fund raiser.
“Many companies help us in kind like this and we are so grateful to the Banburys charity committee and their donation. It is so helpful to have not just quality but practical gifts.”