Barnstaple businesses show support for hospice
Children’s Hospice South West has as ever seen a strong show of support from local companies as it starts a new year.
BUSINESS people have been racking their brains – literally - to find ways of helping Children’s Hospice South West.
The 2012 Barnstaple Business Quiz Competition is now under way, with the first instalment held at the Bank, which raised around �465 for the hospice and saw – fittingly – Barclays and Petroc tying for first place.
Companies are very welcome to enter a team in one or all of the five remaining quizzes being held at restaurants in the town throughout the year.
The next one is on Thursday, March 1 at the Cedars in Bickington and is being sponsored by Barclays. It costs �20 per head, including a three course meal and drink on arrival.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the overall winner was Govers of Joy Street, but there is still plenty of time for anyone to take the title. To enter a team contact Steve Warner on 07557 875175.
Another local business supporting the hospice is Banburys, which has just donated a full set of quality cutlery and serving dishes after approaching the hospice to ask what was most needed.
- 1 'No Fuel' - Panic buying and fuel shortages hit North Devon
- 2 £34,000 raised for plumber Jed Mason with stage four cancer in less than 48 hours
- 3 One of Bideford's oldest tea rooms sold at auction
- 4 Clubber denies headbutt assault in Barnstaple
- 5 Barnstaple dealer says £3,100 stash in loft was poor quality
- 6 New details on Barnstaple town centre regeneration revealed
- 7 Brunswick Wharf developer given grant money to fix quay wall
- 8 Opening of new nature reserve in Lynton
- 9 MISSING: Police search for David Kose from Ilfracombe
- 10 Celebrations as gate to Pilton's Manning's Pit officially opened
“These are wonderful gifts and something we really needed at Little Bridge House,” said David Butt, corporate fund raiser.
“Many companies help us in kind like this and we are so grateful to the Banburys charity committee and their donation. It is so helpful to have not just quality but practical gifts.”