Barnstaple businesses show support for hospice
Children’s Hospice South West has as ever seen a strong show of support from local companies as it starts a new year.
BUSINESS people have been racking their brains – literally - to find ways of helping Children’s Hospice South West.
The 2012 Barnstaple Business Quiz Competition is now under way, with the first instalment held at the Bank, which raised around �465 for the hospice and saw – fittingly – Barclays and Petroc tying for first place.
Companies are very welcome to enter a team in one or all of the five remaining quizzes being held at restaurants in the town throughout the year.
The next one is on Thursday, March 1 at the Cedars in Bickington and is being sponsored by Barclays. It costs �20 per head, including a three course meal and drink on arrival.
Last year the overall winner was Govers of Joy Street, but there is still plenty of time for anyone to take the title. To enter a team contact Steve Warner on 07557 875175.
Another local business supporting the hospice is Banburys, which has just donated a full set of quality cutlery and serving dishes after approaching the hospice to ask what was most needed.
- 1 OPINION: Hi-Tech – Is North Devon ahead or behind the curve?
- 2 Masons donate £20,000 to food banks
- 3 Property of the Week: Some of the finest views of North Devon's coast
- 4 Steve’s family and friends bring Christmas to hospital ward
- 5 Specialist fire crews rescue horse trapped in ditch
- 6 Village halls offered cash helping hand in Covid battle
- 7 North Devon Weekend Football Results
- 8 SWW warns: 'Don't be frozen out'
- 9 Refresh your New Year’s wardrobe by donating unwanted clothes for a good cause
- 10 Together we can look forward to 2022
“These are wonderful gifts and something we really needed at Little Bridge House,” said David Butt, corporate fund raiser.
“Many companies help us in kind like this and we are so grateful to the Banburys charity committee and their donation. It is so helpful to have not just quality but practical gifts.”