Barnstaple BMX jump track to officially open this Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Professional and local riders plus sponsors will turn out for the official opening at 12noon in Rock Park.
THE new Barnstaple BMX jump track at Rock Park will be officially opened on Saturday.
Young riders from Barnstaple BMX Club have been working with North Devon Council, local and national sponsors to build the new freestyle BMX jump area – thought to be the first of its kind in Devon.
It is situated next to the skate park at Rock Park and after the official opening at 12noon on Saturday, professional riders will join the locals for a series of breathtaking demos and competitions, with all welcome to attend.
National sponsors Crucial BMX Shop and Monster Beverage have got on board, together with North Devon businesses including Phil Vanstone Contractors, RGB, William Hockin Transport Ltd and M and E Alarms.
You may also want to watch:
For many years the site was an informal area with jumps built by local youngsters – many of whom are now adults - but when the authorities did take notice, rather than come into conflict the riders worked with North Devon Council plus NDC sports and leisure officer Richard Slaney to make it a permanent feature.
- 1 Police seek driver after horse riders injured in Westward Ho! incident
- 2 Property of the Week: Ford Rise, Bideford
- 3 New Pebbleridge Kitchen arrives on Northam Burrows
- 4 2021 North Devon Show cancelled
- 5 Man wielding knife arrested in Barnstaple park
- 6 High Streets reopen across Torridge
- 7 North Devon fossil hunter's collection goes to auction
- 8 Barnstaple flood prevention scheme at least two years away
- 9 Four cousins take on Four Church Challenge
- 10 Westward Ho! housing plan for 138 new homes approved