Barnstaple barber bidding to be fastest razor in the West
- Credit: Archant
Damian Owen of London Town Barbers has made the regional finals of Britain’s Best Wet Shave competition.
A Barnstaple barber is hoping to become the fastest razor in the West and beyond after making the final cut in a national competition.
Damian Owen, from London Town Barbers in Boutport Street, beat off fierce competition and will now go head-to-head with 14 other elite barbers for the coveted South West Best Wet Shaving Barber regional title in Cardiff on Wednesday, February 19.
The contest is organised by male grooming brand The Bluebeards Revenge and the British Barbers’ Association.
If Damien wins he will go on to the national final and compete against seven other wet shaving experts in a special ‘speed shaving’ tournament inside a boxing ring at Barber Connect 2014 later this year in Wales.
You may also want to watch:
“This is a fantastic opportunity for me to show off my wet shaving skills and show the country I’m a cut above the rest,” said Damien.
“I got into barbering at a very young age and performed my first cut throat shave at the age of just 13. I want to use this competition to grow my reputation.”
- 1 Brother told sister 'you're dead' after birthday party bust-up
- 2 Bideford Pannier Market offers traders new deal
- 3 Chaos guaranteed at the first Bideford Soapbox Derby
- 4 Barnstaple Roundtable focuses on the importance of defibrillators
- 5 Torrington gears up for North Devon’s BIGGEST EVER Table Top Sale
- 6 North Devon MP Selaine Saxby leads World Ocean Day debate
- 7 Man with 'fearsome' ornamental knife arrested in Barnstaple
- 8 Assault and attempted robbery near Tarka Trail
- 9 North Devon builders bums needed for charity calendar
- 10 PICTURES: New Bideford book merges old pictures with new
The winner will land the coveted title of Britain’s Best Shaver, plus £3,000 worth of Bluebeards Revenge shaving products and star in a shaving commercial.
Any unshaven men who would like to sample a traditional wet shave can visit Damien in Boutport Street - two doors up from his usual premises, which is being refurbished.