Barnstaple bank staff invest in special school project
A grant of more than �2,000 has helped pupils and staff at Pathfield Special School in Barnstaple move closer to their dream of creating a new playground. Staff at Lloyds TSB Commercial in Barnstaple have raised a total of �2,124 for the school during the
A grant of more than �2,000 has helped pupils and staff at Pathfield Special School in Barnstaple move closer to their dream of creating a new playground.
Staff at Lloyds TSB Commercial in Barnstaple have raised a total of �2,124 for the school during the past 12 months after nominating it as their charity for the year.
It will be used to help construct a specialist playground designed for pupils with severe and multiple physical and learning difficulties.
The school needs to raise more than �100,000 to create and equip the new facility and headteacher Claire May said it would be possible only with the help and support of local companies or organisations such as Lloyds.
You may also want to watch:
"This is a much needed facility as the school hasn't got a suitable and safe outdoor play area," she said. "The playground will have a variety of specialist play equipment designed for children with physical difficulties and learning difficulties. This will help our pupils with their development, their physiotherapy, their sensory needs and their general well-being."
The first stage of the project will be to remove a disused swimming pool on the site.
- 1 North Devon company fined for pollution that killed more than 9,000 fish
- 2 Family pay tribute to 20-year-old Danny Goodman after tragic collision on A386
- 3 52-year-old man dies in three car crash between Bideford and Torrington
- 4 Burglar jailed for Westward Ho! raid that left pensioners too frightened to sleep
- 5 Coveted Muddy Stiletto award for Bideford's Josie's Interiors
- 6 Police investigate midnight assault on scooter rider in Barnstaple
- 7 North Devon Healthcare Trust department awarded Academic status
- 8 Barnstaple Fair set to return for 2021 - 'May the show go on!'
- 9 Man dies after 'single vehicle collision' on the A386
- 10 Ilfracombe lifeboat tows stricken yacht to safety
Matthew Haynes at Lloyds TSB added: "Every year Lloyds TSB Commercial in North Devon selects a local organisation to raise money for good causes.
"I am delighted we have been able to raise this sum for a school which in my opinion is an exceptionally worthy cause.