Barnstaple bank staff invest in special school project
A grant of more than �2,000 has helped pupils and staff at Pathfield Special School in Barnstaple move closer to their dream of creating a new playground. Staff at Lloyds TSB Commercial in Barnstaple have raised a total of �2,124 for the school during the
A grant of more than �2,000 has helped pupils and staff at Pathfield Special School in Barnstaple move closer to their dream of creating a new playground.
Staff at Lloyds TSB Commercial in Barnstaple have raised a total of �2,124 for the school during the past 12 months after nominating it as their charity for the year.
It will be used to help construct a specialist playground designed for pupils with severe and multiple physical and learning difficulties.
The school needs to raise more than �100,000 to create and equip the new facility and headteacher Claire May said it would be possible only with the help and support of local companies or organisations such as Lloyds.
"This is a much needed facility as the school hasn't got a suitable and safe outdoor play area," she said. "The playground will have a variety of specialist play equipment designed for children with physical difficulties and learning difficulties. This will help our pupils with their development, their physiotherapy, their sensory needs and their general well-being."
The first stage of the project will be to remove a disused swimming pool on the site.
- 1 OPINION: A new plan for Barnstaple's Oliver Buildings - Tim Jones
- 2 PICTURES: Bideford Christmas lights switched on in style
- 3 Property of the Week: Daddon Close, Bideford
- 4 Litter around North Devon schools and colleges is a 'disgrace'
- 5 Kenwith Castle care home welcomes new manager
- 6 OPINION: How much do you know about the ground beneath your feet?
- 7 North Devon’s Panto sells 10,000 Cinderella tickets
- 8 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
- 9 Bideford beat top side Truro in challenging conditions
- 10 OPINION: Give back this festive season at the Wave Project Christmas markets
Matthew Haynes at Lloyds TSB added: "Every year Lloyds TSB Commercial in North Devon selects a local organisation to raise money for good causes.
"I am delighted we have been able to raise this sum for a school which in my opinion is an exceptionally worthy cause.